i-gotta-Force it to go anywhere Tundra

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dalandser

Sep 30, 2017
Nice I thought you were bent on running the bypass in the arm - that’s why I kept suggesting ridding yourself of the mismatched setup, but it’s looking sweet with the new hoops! I ran into the inner fender issue and didn’t want to rewire the fuse box so I’m bumped and strapped at a little over 16. Looking good!

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Nice I thought you were bent on running the bypass in the arm - that’s why I kept suggesting ridding yourself of the mismatched setup, but it’s looking sweet with the new hoops! I ran into the inner fender issue and didn’t want to rewire the fuse box so I’m bumped and strapped at a little over 16. Looking good!
No, I had no desire to run the bypass in the arm, which is why I needed to get the bypass as short as I could get it. Otherwise it wouldn't fit under the brake booster. I also wanted to get the top mounts to be closer to inline with each other, which they should be once Poly sends me the correct uniball cups.

I drove down to El Cajon yesterday, picked up my bedsides from Fiberwerx, turned around and drove straight back. Gonna get those mounted today. Should have time to get cross brace built on the engine cage, too.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Spent the day getting the bedsides mounted. Disappointed overall with the fiberwerx glass, but got them looking pretty good. Glass is super thin, the cuts around the edges were really not-straight, obvious thin spots where light shines through a bit brighter, uneven gel coat... Oh well, they're on and done.

Didn't get to the engine cage cross brace today. Once I get the front end finished up and the truck can be moved around, I'll pull off all the glass for paint.

Attachments

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Spent the day getting the bedsides mounted. Disappointed overall with the fiberwerx glass, but got them looking pretty good. Glass is super thin, the cuts around the edges were really not-straight, obvious thin spots where light shines through a bit brighter, uneven gel coat... Oh well, they're on and done.

Didn't get to the engine cage cross brace today. Once I get the front end finished up and the truck can be moved around, I'll pull off all the glass for paint.
Looks good from far! Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
How much is it flared up above the original flat bed line?

That fiberglass sounds exactly opposite of Hannemann ‘glass. Hannemann’s shit is so damn heavy and thick, front fenders weigh significantly more than steel in a lot of cases.

sc610

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Cruz
I swear all Tundra fiberglass, atleast Gen 1 suck ass. My Mcneil fronts have shit fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure. The rear fenders suck for fitment and quality too. My glassworks were really thick and seemed to fit much better.

All the mcneil glass I have had has inconsistent thickness in areas where you would think it was more important.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds