i-gotta-Force it to go anywhere Tundra

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
For sure. The rear fenders suck for fitment and quality too. My glassworks were really thick and seemed to fit much better.

All the mcneil glass I have had has inconsistent thickness in areas where you would think it was more important.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
I called Mcneil and they said “their molds are off”. They were waiting on some stock fenders to make new molds. Nothing about, hey man, sorry your glass sucks balls. Sorry the door fitment gaps are completely off all the way down. Smh. I drove 7 hrs to their shop to pickup hacked up glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
How much is it flared up above the original flat bed line?

That fiberglass sounds exactly opposite of Hannemann ‘glass. Hannemann’s shit is so damn heavy and thick, front fenders weigh significantly more than steel in a lot of cases.
It's 2.5" above the original bed line. I'm actually bummed. I glossed over that part on the fiberwerx website. I actually wanted flat tops.

All of the Hannemann glass I've had has fit very well with plenty of thickness to be able to trim and shave down!

emptyzrider

LiKe-Athon
Apr 20, 2010
long beach
No, I had no desire to run the bypass in the arm, which is why I needed to get the bypass as short as I could get it. Otherwise it wouldn't fit under the brake booster. I also wanted to get the top mounts to be closer to inline with each other, which they should be once Poly sends me the correct uniball cups.

I drove down to El Cajon yesterday, picked up my bedsides from Fiberwerx, turned around and drove straight back. Gonna get those mounted today. Should have time to get cross brace built on the engine cage, too.
I am all over socal now with my job. You need something picked up I'm more than likely in the area sometime that week. For instance I was in deep SD yesterday and today sylmar. Hmu if you need something bodj

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Thanks for pointing out that they aren't flat top. They were on my list because they look the least BRO-phy truck but flat top is important for my use.

I have roadrunner front fenders on mine and it sounds like I made the right choice. They fit like cheap fenders because they are cheap fenders lol. I would have been pissed if I had spent $800 on them and had to spend another 2 days cutting and fixing them.

Sean

Jun 3, 2004
Corona, Ca
www.mullenfabworks.com
I actually like the slight raise on them. It doesn't looks like the silly ones with louvers and shit, but subtle. My only issue with them would be I couldn't mold my cup holders in without the possibility of a spilled beer. Might as well start drinking kombucha and driving a prius at that point.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I remember going back and forth with Travis about how Fiberwerx was thin and he just would not believe me. Maybe because he worked there at the time. But yeah. Never been a fan of their glass.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I actually like the slight raise on them. It doesn't looks like the silly ones with louvers and shit, but subtle. My only issue with them would be I couldn't mold my cup holders in without the possibility of a spilled beer. Might as well start drinking kombucha and driving a prius at that point.
I don't mind the aesthetic of it but I want to be able to mount a kayak carrier, tent mount, jacuzzi to the top of the bed.

Sean

Reactions: the bodj

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I agree. I actually like the flat tops better, but these arent too bad. You can't stand on these because they arent supported by the top of the bed rail like flat tops. That coupled with the thin glass...

My friend is bringing his explorer in this weekend to install a BTF kit, so I had to button up the front end today enough to be able to move it around. Also, built the engine cross brace. Went way simpler this time. Also, made it bolt in if I ever need to work on the engine.

Attachments

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds