im just a noob looking for the best long travel kit

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Mar 4, 2019
florida
as the title says im very new to the prerunner trophy truck, baja truck scene but i love them and want to build a ranger pre runner i understand the parts are not cheap as ive seen but i dont want to drop a few grand and end up replacing parts in 2 years and was wondering if anyone on here could point me in the direction of best bang for your buck long travel kits. with that being said im mainly looking for 18 inches of travel or longer and reliability and for thoes who are willing to chime in and help me with this i greatly appreciate it

Jfree

May 10, 2017
Talk to the guys over at btf their kits a fairly cheap for the amazing work they do. You wont have any problems with their products. Let them know Josh Freeman sent you and they set you up right these guys are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: prerunner noob

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
we need more info... what year ranger and how involved do you want to get. theres "bolt on applications and "kits" that are pretty involved as far as enginecage fabrication, and engine bay/ fire wall modification

Mar 4, 2019
florida
we need more info... what year ranger and how involved do you want to get. theres "bolt on applications and "kits" that are pretty involved as far as enginecage fabrication, and engine bay/ fire wall modification

i have a 06 ranger and the whole engine cage thing wont be a problem if i have to get one to support my suspension mods thats the least of my worries and i plan on doing tube front anyways because i want to run a fiberworx kit im just looking for advice from people who know more about products and kits out there and like ive said before i would like 18 inch travel minimum i mean 18 is fine with me but the bigger the better and reliability it key like i said i know kits cost more than the ranger its self so i really dont wont to be replacing stuff soon after installation and im not doing a baja 1000 or anything and any racing i just want to build a truck that can take what i throw at it wich isnt much because i live in florida and would mainly drive trails and just have fun on ruts and jumping it but nothing crazy

NODNARB

Mega Member
Aug 18, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
www.btf-fabrication.com
Don’t buy into the “more travel is better” mentality.
Don’t get me wrong, it can be, but it seems like everyone’s new standard is 18” these days for kits. Most ranger kits on the market won’t pull 18” but the good news is, you can haul ass with anything more than 12” if you take the time to tune your shocks.

doyouquaxu

Asshole Member
Feb 12, 2007
Texas
You won't get 18" of travel from that truck unless you cut off the whole front half and put something else on. If you've got $30k to spend on front suspension alone then you'll be able to get 18" all you want.

Jfree

May 10, 2017
You won't get 18" of travel from that truck unless you cut off the whole front half and put something else on. If you've got $30k to spend on front suspension alone then you'll be able to get 18" all you want.
Well with rangers its a given you need to cut a few things but 18” isnt really that uncommon. You buy a kit with new uppers and lowers build/buy a shock hoop slap a coilover in it, do some bracing and there you go you can pull as much travel as your kit or coilover is limited to. Im pulling 18 with a 4wd so 2wd should be a walk in the park compared to my setup.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds