im just a noob looking for the best long travel kit

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
18" are going to be way too long. BTF will tell you exactly what length you need to get 18" out of their kit. but its probably a 10" or 12" coilover, depends on the motion ratio. i.e. a 1.5 motion ratio would call for a 12" coilover to achieve 18" of travel. the higher the ratio, the shorter the shock, but also harder to tune. but like i said, BTF should give you all the specs you need for the shocks when you are ready. They are good dudes and know their stuff.

Mar 4, 2019
florida
18" are going to be way too long. BTF will tell you exactly what length you need to get 18" out of their kit. but its probably a 10" or 12" coilover, depends on the motion ratio. i.e. a 1.5 motion ratio would call for a 12" coilover to achieve 18" of travel. the higher the ratio, the shorter the shock, but also harder to tune. but like i said, BTF should give you all the specs you need for the shocks when you are ready. They are good dudes and know their stuff.
Their website doesn't say anything about motion ratios I guess I'm going to call them but I'm failing to see how a 12inch shock can provide 18 inches of travel I'm not trying to be a dick or sarcastic maybe btf can clear up some questions I have when I call them

Attachments

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds