Interesting fab.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I'm guessing this is the guy from Canada.

The Giant Motorsports daily driver link kit with a Giant Motorsports Raptor bolt in bedcage. The DD link kit has been around for several years now.

Last edited:

ntm

Nov 18, 2013
Yeah that's me.
It is a work in progress. I'd have preferred to four link it, but there are no decent fab shops up here. We will see how this goes.
The air shocks work like a sway bar too.
A third link is plan b, if the air shocks aren't dealing with pinion angle very well.

Last edited:

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
One issue with the short shock bumps is the way they load the housing when articulating. The housing becomes a torsion bar and it can break the plug welds and tear the axle tubes out of a caster center section. I have seen it happen first hand to Geoffs bronco.

ntm

Nov 18, 2013
One issue with the short shock bumps is the way they load the housing when articulating. The housing becomes a torsion bar and it can break the plug welds and tear the axle tubes out of a caster center section. I have seen it happen first hand to Geoffs bronco.
Makes sense.
An axle truss would be a good idea then for a bit of security.
A 9" rear is also on the short list for this thing, guys are breaking axle shafts regularly on stock trucks. The stock rear is a bit of a sacrificial lamb for now. Didn't want to do the new rear until the axle shocks prove themselves and I determine that a third link will not be necessary.

ntm

Nov 18, 2013
You can shit can those small shocks and run a single upper link. I just built one for a tacoma.
Very nice !

The most interesting part of that picture is a hot water tank mounted outdoors !
I live in the wrong place...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds