Interesting fab.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
partybarge_pilot
Originally Posted by OOwballer View Post
They had a truck designed with a "traditional" linked rear end to compete with the bigger faster (Robby) trucks, but didn't get to produce it prior to Toyota getting out of the game. I wish we could at least see the design/specs of it.
It was still going to be independent. The closest example would be Phlugers truck.
Per Tom Morris Crew Chief of the PPI Team:

https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/ivan-stewart-ppi-toyota-tt.101822/page-5#post-1390423
What was to be PPI 016: Same front suspension and steering as 015, 6-8" wider to fit the engine up front. Staggered driver forward/co-rider back for better shoulder clearance and to keep the car narrow. Stick shift 5 or 6 speed trans under the passenger area, driven by a driveshaft off the back of the engine. Solid rear axle, offset to the pass side mounted on a 4 link. Fuel tank horseshoe shaped and forward of and going back around the spare tire. Same bodywork as 015, only that it would be wider in the center areas. All still keeping the vehicle with a good F to R balance, light wight and nimble. We were tired of smacking the rear skid plate on the groung in the high center road crown areas, hence the conventional style rear axle that had a custom high pinion facing backwards with a quick change gear set on the back of the diff. This kept a stronger ring and pinion. The driveshaft was to be high up. All of this stuff was going to be special made by PPI. TM

In that thread he does speak of a 015 replica/twin that was on the jig table so that they could race two trucks/have two trucks available to race, he also compares the AP28 (his words) aka Dirty Harry to 015.

Side note, through a friend of a friend of a friend kind of deal I got to/am working with Tom on setting up my shocks currently. I didn't even know who he was until after the fact. Great guy to work with.

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Lol... I bet he got a good deal on the 3.0 coilovers and can’t/didn’t want to cut the retainer thingy off the bottom to get the top coil off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're implying the dude didn't/doesn't know how to take a shock apart to get the coil retainer off to remove the coil? That's 100% possible.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
That guy's on here. I haven't seen his thread updated in a while and forgot his name. His truck was pretty cool a couple years ago

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds