Interesting fab.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
I saw a picture of someone with a ranger running a similar setup. Traditional links, but the upper was like that. One tube down the center of the truck, one over to the frame rail. Not sure if the setup picture goes to the frame rail, but the setup I'm referring to apparently had lots of off-road miles. It allowed the owner to retain factory tank. Definitely intriguing setup. Since I want links but only willing to do it as cheap as possible, makes me wonder lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Brandon_Charley

OG Member
Dec 4, 2006
Huntington Beach
That particular wishbone looks pretty short, less travel seems like it would equal less abuse. I agree that the style in general seems like it's durability would be more dependent on the frame mounts. They might have to be so beefy that it negates the space savings, though.

desert_steve

Oct 21, 2007
phelan, ca
My dads friend linked his T100 with an upper link similar to that. The single-mount side is on the frame-side of the truck. When it was first built (late 90s or early 2000s) he had issues with the frame side mount failing/cracking/etc, but they plated and beefed the hell out of it and hes been running it for YEARS without any issues.

He also has aluminum lower links (that everyone claimed would fatigue and fail), so that just adds a little bit of trickery to it. Hes not hard on the truck and its pretty much a pavement-pounder, but its still rad... especially when you consider it was built 20ish yrs ago.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Didn't total chaos develop a kit similar for the Toyotas back in early 2000? I remember taking deliveries at pro trux from them with a proto type on their truck. Bolt on links

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds