Joseph

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO
I bought a white 94 extended cab recently, here is where I started

Bumperless, fiberglass fenders, stock beams with king 2.0s in the front and fox resis in the rear, 2 shit racing seats inside and the whole interior smelled like ten years of cigarettes

Then I removed the carpet and one seat

Now I have installed a new carpet and a nice stock passenger seat and ill get pics later

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO
Got rear 2.5 shocks, re arched myself some chevy 64's, got the AC blowing hot and room temperature air and an interior was installed. Preparing for bedcage overhaul.

Foa 16's

Interior

Chevy 64's

Replaced weird rear views with stock ones

Last edited:

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO
Update. Mounted 42.5 inch led bar on roof. Wired it. Bright as hell.
Belltech 6400 shackles come in today so this weekend is new leaf spring/perhaps bedcage install

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO

My leaf spring rebuild job part 2

Truck is in pieces all weekend

Everything is done, but my goddam u bolts were jacked, so today I buy some and wrap it up tonight. Looking forward to having a vehicle to drive again

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO
Also, one leaf is higher than the other, because the ranger lean will effect the one side, I arched it a little more so it wont lean when I am in the truck and it will stay flatter longer

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO
Anyone know if it is reasonable to remove the crossmember right above the rear axle? So I can angle my rear 16 inchers instead of having them straight up?

redsilvy

Another Silvy Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Las Vegas
Anyone know if it is reasonable to remove the crossmember right above the rear axle? So I can angle my rear 16 inchers instead of having them straight up?
It is.. but remember the already weak noodle frame will become that much weaker. Can you cut that one and then weld in a new further towards the rear?

President

ShakeWeight user
Jul 29, 2014
Fort Collins CO
You're mounting your shocks inside the frame? Or am I not understanding the question?
Nono, I want to mount my 16 inch resis at an angle towards the cab because I don't like them sticking straight up. But to do that I have to remove that thirdmember or crossmember that is above the rear axle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds