Bumping this thread because the Ranger has been getting a lot of love lately. Keegan decided to keep this thing and give her some much needed upgrades. We got quite a bit of work done today and plan to have the front end painted with Steel-It in the morning. Once she gets painted the motor will be put back in along with the front end for final assembly. Pretty exciting to see this thing so close to being done especially since she was our first build for someone other than ourselves.
List of upgrades includes...
- New engine cage tied into cab cage.
- New Firewall
- New UCAs to accommodate bigger shocks and a bypass.
- Custom Swing-set Steering.
- New spindles (working on wrapping these up in the next few days) with 1.5" upper and to accommodate 1.5" lower uniballs along with 2.5" Jamar hubs.
- Moruzzi Motor.
- New Trans mount and full skidplate
- New one-piece clip and core support.
- New front bumper.
- 37" BFGs and 17" Vision Wheels
- 3link to 4 link conversion (got rid of wishbone and redoing upper link mounts).
- Camburg full floater housing.
- Oil and Trans Coolers mounted in the rear of the truck.
- Custom Aluminum Dash.
- Ryan is also going to be plumbing and wiring the truck and will be using a switchpros.
Pretty extensive overhaul since we are also working on the racetruck, my truck, the centermount project, house projects, and our fixture table. Busy busy...
Those swingers .
Started getting everything ready to get the front end back together yesterday evening. Ryan is finishing up the new spindles and upper arms, should be done hopefully tomorrow. We need to get all the bolts ready so we can get the front end together and we can set it on the ground. This project has been fun since this truck was an og build from 2009 pretty excited to see her with all her new upgrades.
Some progress pics from this weekend.
Pretty stoked we were able to check a bunch of stuff off the list in 3 days. We got the motor back in yesterday and got a few other things painted today and installed. Keegan dropped off trans fluid and motor oil this evening so we can get the trans back in tomorrow. She is getting real close minus the dash, plumbing, and wiring.
We also got the driver's side suspension back together with the hubs on so ryan can finish the steering. We tried one of Ryan's 40's on the truck to see if the front end would clear and it looks like it will, everything clears bumped and drooped lock-to-lock.
She looks good.
It's crazy to see our son in the pic helping jack the truck up since he wasn't even born yet when we built the original front suspension on the truck.