JustNCase I needed a new project ... "BroDaddy"

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Who's your daddy... bros!? That's right brochacho...This truck is!!!

My buddy JustNCase has been lagging on a build thread.. and i'm tired of collecting photos on my smart phone cuz he's too stupid.

Sooo, lets see how long it takes him to find his truck thread that I went ahead and took the liberty of naming BroDaddy. LOL

History of the truck. My buddy "JustNCase" on here picked up the pseud-roller chassis from "longtravel05" in the DR classifieds. There was a previous build thread for the truck on here too showing most of chassis work, etc... it was called Kel Fab Creations 96 Ranger.

Here is link to original build:
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/dr-rides/92420.htm

He picked it up with the intent to link it and get it out to the desert with 2ghetto and Ghetto1 as quickly as possible. (even though my pansy ass friend I sold Ghetto1 to never drives it... just makes it pretty)

So, we knew we would have to make some chassis adjustments to accomodate the links, etc. The chassis was very well built by KelFab. Welds are nice and clean, tubes well layed out and tight too. Beefy beams and nice full floater axle too. Definitely a good platform to start with for our plans.

Here is what we took home at the beginning of Feb 2013.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
soooo, Justin tore into the main things we know we needed to address. Immediately removed the fuel cell base since it would interfere with links, the stock crossmembers, the stock body mounts at back of cab etc.

Started with the b-pillar link killer:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
We moved on to notching the frame and creating a bunch of plates to box it all back in. sorry no pic yet. Nothing has been welded in yet because we dont have a welder set up quite yet! (i moved and dont have my old garage anymore)

Been working on painting things up to his preferred colors in meantime too. Justin decided to go with a grey bracket theme... with black beams black steering tie rods and links. 3rd member will be grey with a black pinion guard.

He went shopping for parts as soon as he had enough $$ saved up. Bought a Threat Motorsports link kit.. and had Dave tab the rear end for his kit as well.

Here is the rear end after being tabbed and stripped of all paint etc. It has since been primered. This is a GMR housing. Pretty damn beefy as well!

Here are the link arms and steering all painted gloss black.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
So just recently we got the link brackets all painted grey and mouted up to the truck. Should be able to use stock driveshaft still as well.

Found out that we are going to have to remove/reconfigure the C-pillar landing as well. Little bummed about that.. but we knew from the beginning it would be close. Hopefully we can figure out a strong and clean way to fix the c-pillar... while incorporating in a body mount of some sort.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
He ended up buying some 3.0 triple bypasses from Getch on here. Cool dude and great seller for sure. Thanks Getch!!!

He also bought some 35" Baja KR's from another DR member (cant remember name) Tires are pretty badass!

So we got around to mocking up and seeing where things should end up for shock mouting etc. This is where we are at now. We really need to get a welder set up ASAP. (Because I also need to finish up some fabwork on 2Ghetto (bumper addition and sway bar addition)

Current status pics:

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
I hate photobucket on Tapatalk! Lol I can't click any of the pics without it opening in Safari. Sucks

mounty71

Mega Member
Oct 18, 2007
San Francisco
Ya it must be the iPhone, my Android doesn't do that. Anyway, glad this truck lives to see the desert again. It was really nice before, and I can't wait to see how nice it will turn out to be.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds