JustNCase I needed a new project ... "BroDaddy"

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Cage move at all?

Where it contacts the frame?

Looks like the rooof held up great!

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Doesn't seem like it. Only part of frame that is suspect so far is radius arm mount area.

I checked all a, b-pillar, and c-pillar landing tubes. All look good. When I redid this chassis for links.. I did that boxed in b-pillar to frame reinforcement like I have done on G3 and G4.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Got going on the fun part this weekend... I went BROver to his house on Sat and Sun to get started.

Step 1. Bust out the deadBRO hammer and bend the PDU box right back into place.

Step 2 DISASSEMBLE!

That's a nice looking shaft! No BROmo. Quite surprised they don't seem bent!!

Radius arm bolt isn't so straight.

Caught a big one!!

McTwisted

McTwist to Breaky!

Ball joints look good but the driver steering misalignment is cracked.

This is impressive. Literally Stamped it BRO!

And turns out... the reason the bypass lower mounting tabs are both bent... is because of the steering! There weren't ever any steering stops put on these beams. So, the bolts on the brake caliper became the new stops....right there on that tab. LOL

Then on Sun we packed up some tools and some cash and headed out to East County for our private U-Pick U-Pull with one nice and clean Ranger. We even got a free Coors light each... But, they weren't really ice cold like I prefer my water though. And that's why I can only give a 4 star review. Turn that fridge down and you get a 5 brochacho. HAHHA. Dude was super cool. Hope to see him out in the dez.

Rocket surgery!

And this is how we left it. He said he's gonna drive it to liquor store.

Oh, yea, dude has some sick Rangers BTW.

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Got going on the fun part this weekend... I went BROver to his house on Sat and Sun to get started.

Step 1. Bust out the deadBRO hammer and bend the PDU box right back into place.

Step 2 DISASSEMBLE!

That's a nice looking shaft! No BROmo. Quite surprised they don't seem bent!!

Radius arm bolt isn't so straight.

Caught a big one!!

McTwisted

McTwist to Breaky!

Ball joints look good but the driver steering misalignment is cracked.

This is impressive. Literally Stamped it BRO!

And turns out... the reason the bypass lower mounting tabs are both bent... is because of the steering! There weren't ever any steering stops put on these beams. So, the bolts on the brake caliper became the new stops....right there on that tab. LOL

Then on Sun we packed up some tools and some cash and headed out to East County for our private U-Pick U-Pull with one nice and clean Ranger. We even got a free Coors light each... But, they weren't really ice cold like I prefer my water though. And that's why I can only give a 4 star review. Turn that fridge down and you get a 5 brochacho. HAHHA. Dude was super cool. Hope to see him out in the dez.

Rocket surgery!

And this is how we left it. He said he's gonna drive it to liquor store.

Oh, yea, dude has some sick Rangers BTW.

Heck ya Chris Hooked you guys up I like it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Got to work on this thing a tiny bit on Sat.

Roof is almost off. Looks like we are able to cut just under the last cuts. So, it will still only have that one seam like before.

And looks like this slider mount will need some attitude adjustment as well... nothing a BFH and some re-enforcement shouldn't fix. I will also say... not a huge fan of these style adjustable seat mounts. Just don't give me that "overbuilt" feeling I like.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
So, he cut the roof off... and once we were able to get a longer straight edge on it.... we noticed the a-pillars were bent a tad. Driver side went up... and pass side went down. Around 1/4" or so.

Sure, probably could have put it back together and been fine... but I convinced him to hack it out and replace with some fresh metal... since this was second roll and we did see some stress marks on tube at gussets where bend started.

Oh forgot to mention last time. For some unknown reason.... Kelfab welded fucking the dash in!! WTF? What's weird is they took the time to make pass side bolt on... but this side was welded in. MMMKKKK. Tis what it is. Had to cut that out.

Another reason I wanted to pull the dash was to check the tubes going to engine cage... I have always been warned that this section would fail eventually with only 2x tubes... and especially because they aren't even full welded. And well, yup... they are cracking pretty good.

I think we are going to weld those up... add an additional gusset in the other plane from engine cage tube to a-pillar... and then take the time to go thru the cowl and connect engine cage to the junctions on the "V-Bars" with 2x more tubes. I think that will make it last quite a while. Hopefully forever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds