JustNCase I needed a new project ... "BroDaddy"

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
if you got an old heim, cut a slot up the threads of the heim in 2 or 4 places (as straight up the threads as you can), put some anti-seize on the threads and thread it in. the cuts will work like a tap and help clean out the threads. unless its really fucked in which case, you need a tap
I put a little angle on the so they cut better.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^^ Damn, I never think of the simplest solutions to stuff. Could have used one of his old heims!

I will turn one into that tool for future!!

He got the tap from work though. So for sure should getrfixed. and then on to the next part... radius arm mount and beam brackets...

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
put some weld washers on the lower link pivots.

And, a big step... new dash is almost in! As anyone has done this knows.... phew, what a task. We are going to make it so it isn't welded in on driver side like last time... so we need to make one more mount.

But, this time... all the factory mounts are bolted in. Without them being fully slotted out like last time too!

And we were able to keep this plastic here and some more of inner structure too ... which is gonna be much sturdier and cleaner install.

You can see here... they had it just flappy flapping before.

Got the plastic trim nice and tight.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Hey lookie there... a 10 minute tab so you can bolt dash in! Hahah. Will likely rivnut this bitch too... since I have that new tool... and the "reach around to get that nut" isn't ever pleasant. < wow, that reads so lovely.

Fatty McCheeseburger seat reinforcements. Man, the base material is pretty flimsy. We could noodle it easily. I wouldnt recommend these sliders for larger folks like us. I would recommend chassis unlimited. But this is what he has... and this should stiffen them up quite a bit compared to how they were before. Not to mention.. switching to other mounts would likely require a whole re-do of floor tubes.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I think he was surprised how easy the rivnuts are. "What, that's it... you're done? No more reach around on this one.

And seam sealer everywhere.... gonna be air tight, we hope

And why not gusset the links when they are off and getting re-painted... I had arts and crafts time while he painted and shit. How many lines does it take to make something, right? lol

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds