Let's see your Tow Pig

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

powa_ranga

Mega Member
Apr 27, 2005
Rocklin
Live a little LOL. Tuner in tow mode, down pipe and exhuast and a WW2 will have that thing moving right along without effecting reliability one bit. Mine has 210K on it, it had all those mods done at like 50K. Zero issues. EGT's never get over 1150 no matter how much you mash the fun pedal and almost zero smoke.

Edit, also put on a turbo blanket and wrapped the down pipe. Didn't really notice any power increase, but the AC sure does work better.
That sounds like a pretty decent setup and probably very reliable, right now I have no interest in messing with it...I had the last one for about 5 or 6 years and put like 15k miles on it in that time, this one will probably be less than that.

I start it once a week or so and let it run for a half hour that's about it. Religious on maintenance, interior is a solid 10/10, AC blows Cold, and it tows or pulls out anything I throw at it. My friends with newer trucks all give me shit about it being a pig but also wanna buy it so it's a wash lol.

My only complaint is the classic problem with ford door actuators starting to fail but I have new motorcraft replacements in the garage...that and the front vacuum hubs are shit and don't like to disengage, (another normal problem) probably gunna put some manual Warns in it and forget about it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ucd baja

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
That sounds like a pretty decent setup and probably very reliable, right now I have no interest in messing with it...I had the last one for about 5 or 6 years and put like 15k miles on it in that time, this one will probably be less than that.

I start it once a week or so and let it run for a half hour that's about it. Religious on maintenance, interior is a solid 10/10, AC blows Cold, and it tows or pulls out anything I throw at it. My friends with newer trucks all give me shit about it being a pig but also wanna buy it so it's a wash lol.

My only complaint is the classic problem with ford door actuators starting to fail but I have new motorcraft replacements in the garage...that and the front vacuum hubs are shit and don't like to disengage, (another normal problem) probably gunna put some manual Warns in it and forget about it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I put some Mile Marker locking hubs on the front of our Excursion (y)

Reactions: powa_ranga

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Yeah, my door locks don't work anymore either. This summer when I go crazy with the dynomat and stereo upgrayedd, I will fix them.

Also, ditch the crank case breather for a road draft tube. Otherwise your intercooler will be coated in more shit than it all ready is.

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
That's got to be about as versatile setup as you can get right?

Very cool Socal!

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
We built one of those also. My friend wanted to copy my tahoe pakrat. Plus the legs broke off the camper so no more off and on

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Tahoe pakrat... Put the front cabin on a heavier duty trailer. I am pushing the limits with my runner. Bed, bathroom, shower, sink, stove, and fridge/freezer

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds