Lets talk rear ends/axles

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
im sure there are some threads on this already but, having just gone through my currie 9" in my f-150 i wanted to get everyones opinions/experiences on two major components regarding building a stout rear end.

1. gun drilling, neat concept, as someone who has experience in the manufacturing world i think its cool. the question is, when is it worth the cost of investment? at what level of build do you spring for it?
2. 300m axles, when do you want to spend the money to do this?

ive currently got a pretty stout semi float in my truck but eventually wouldnt mind throwing that in my red truck and investing in a floater for it.

discuss.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
1. gun drilling, neat concept, as someone who has experience in the manufacturing world i think its cool. the question is, when is it worth the cost of investment? at what level of build do you spring for it?
2. 300m axles, when do you want to spend the money to do this?

discuss.
1. Extended fatigue life. But highly Dependent on driving style, vehicle weight, tire size, Horsepower numbers, etc

2. After you’ve broken a few 8620 or hy-tuf axles, buy 300M

Edit: fwiw, ODRMSE Roy says that in vince’s old 1450 truck, 40 spline 300m axles lasted approximately 1200 miles at race pace

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
1, depends on power and budget. Not only will it make the axle lighter it will also make your wallet lighter.

2, buy once cry less often.

Ryan Jubera

Apr 12, 2008
Hemet
www.instagram.com
Everyone pretty much hit it on the head. I was told 300m has a life expectancy and they should be replaced on a serious racing truck about once a year if you don't want a failure to take you out. That being said I got about 5 years on my play truck before I broke one. Broke one when we started racing.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds