Little Bird

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

littlebird

Feb 26, 2019
NY
I have asked around about putting the upper link tabs (axle side) behind the axle center line and nobody seems to have an answer as to whether this will harm geometry or pinion angle change through travel, etc. I'm aware it will reduce vertical separation, but I have plenty already.

I can't be the only person to have considered doing this?

My reasons for mounting them this way are packaging and strength. In regard to strength I believe having the tabs being rocked back makes the welds more inline (perpendicular) with the forces they'll be experiencing. In regard to packaging, having the tabs rocked backed provides more clearance between the outer edge of the tabs and the inside of the frame rail under articulation.

Reactions: themoneypit

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
You’d be able to gain link spread/separation if you mounted the upper frame side inside the “C” of the frame like a standard 4 link. The way you have it now you’re actually loosing separation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
You’d be able to gain link spread/separation if you mounted the upper frame side inside the “C” of the frame like a standard 4 link. The way you have it now you’re actually loosing separation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes he is but not having to make a bridge type truss or weld to the cast center section is better. My Tacoma didn't have much triangulation and never had an issue with it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: littlebird

littlebird

Feb 26, 2019
NY
This fab is nice, but am I mistaken in believing that the design is poor? Don't you want the side tubes to meet at the center of the single pivot?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds