Long Overdue 01 Tundra Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
I was being serious.

I have no idea if you are.

I don't have as much experience as most here.

I live in NJ , Its not my fault man!
I am 100% serious… I forgot you’re the NJ guy haha. But yea that’s a bunch of bologna. Whoever told you that either doesn’t own a tundra or doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The issue is getting the shocks outside the frame. The tundra has a stupid wide frame front to rear.

Reactions: bullnerd

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
That question doesn’t make sense or you didnt proof read it.

How about this: You will not gain any up travel with a frame notch with the c27 spring under pack. It it not necessary or needed to notch the frame, UNLESS you’re talking about a vertical notch to clear the shocks between the frame and tires. Either way, you will not gain any up travel.

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
That question doesn’t make sense or you didnt proof read it.

How about this: You will not gain any up travel with a frame notch with the c27 spring under pack. It it not necessary or needed to notch the frame, UNLESS you’re talking about a vertical notch to clear the shocks between the frame and tires. Either way, you will not gain any up travel.
Sorry, fixed it.

Thats cool. So the main leaf goes straight before the axle hits the frame?

Reactions: YZRacer408

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
I am 100% serious… I forgot you’re the NJ guy haha. But yea that’s a bunch of bologna. Whoever told you that either doesn’t own a tundra or doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The issue is getting the shocks outside the frame. The tundra has a stupid wide frame front to rear.
I don't think anyone ever told me that, just thought it was standard to notch the frame to get the most up travel, no truck type in particular.

Yeah, Off-roading is basically illegal here.

There are over a million acres of pine forests that the frog huggers have locked down. There are fire roads to drive on, but they will bust you if caught fukin around.

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
Mine with c27s will go flat no problem if i want it to. Like said before most of us have to run wheels spacers to keep our shocks away from the tires. I cant wait to get on a fabbed rear end lol.

YZRacer408

Nov 30, 2011
OC california
JRT is garbage, don’t be fooled by nice tig welds.

What’s up Brett?? Didn’t know you were on Dezertrangers. I’m fresh2jeff on IG, nice to see a build thread of this bad boy!!
When are we gonna meet up and hit lucern? Iv been lurking this thread since before insta was a thing haha even use to go to the DR meet ups and ocotillo trips back in the day!

YZRacer408

Nov 30, 2011
OC california
This build is motivating me to keep and cage my truck. I love the progress. What are you running for steering?
yes keep the truck I'v seen it in person its very clean i was behind you driving home from work one day going through yorba linda (where I live).

As far as the steering im running a kit that Nexus metalworx use to make that basically braces up the stock rack. Its the same kit that in ran on William's racing (Lalo's) old tundra and a lime green one that races class 8. Its worked great for many years never had a stock rack fail catastrophically but I do replace them once a year as part of my prep routine. Iv warrantied 5 or 6 oreilly steering racks and only paid for the first one.

Reactions: MullenFabworks

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds