Long Overdue 01 Tundra Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Holy shit! I hope you have a speedy & full recovery.

Sorry about the truck, but I’m sure it’s fixable.

Any idea why you got a back injury? Besides gnarly hit of course…

Belts?
Seat?
Anything loose?

DirtFiend602

DR Maitre'D
Dec 12, 2008
Las vegas
Damn man glad you're okay. I also curious on the injury. Thoracic is usually a compression injury or blunt force. I fractured my t3-t7 many years ago.

dsrtrcr01

Booshie Cat
Jan 31, 2005
I know Jubera center mount was mentioned BUT if you are rebuilding the frame and all that you may end up spending the same amount of time as going center mount. Def worth investigating time & $ of both options.

Jr.fab

Feb 22, 2010
Hell Cajon
I thought about hitting up Jubera Fab about that center mount kit they made for a tundra frame. But that’s a snowball that might be out of the budget right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do plan on going this route, if your kit is mostly straight I may be interested in buying it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

YZRacer408

Nov 30, 2011
OC california
Holy shit! I hope you have a speedy & full recovery.

Sorry about the truck, but I’m sure it’s fixable.

Any idea why you got a back injury? Besides gnarly hit of course…

Belts?
Seat?
Anything loose?
The fracture is caused by compression. I was harnessed up tight and recently put hard back NRG seats in the truck for the exact reason that they're supposed to prevent this injury better then suspension seats. I don't know how I would have fared in my old beards but I am thinking the NRG seats are not ment for use in offroad but rather a ricer cucks abortion civic, they have quiet a bit of flex when you sit in them and push your self hard into them.... that being said i think you get what you pay for there is a reason sparco and cobra's are so expensive iv been in some hard hits in higher end hard back seats and never felt any discomfort.

Reactions: armrunner

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds