Mavriek 1000 turbo or Rzr 1000

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Red Nose

Mar 21, 2010
Guys I am in the stage of buying a UTV and I am lost the canam is faster but the travel number is15 upfront and 16 is the rear and rzr the is 16 upfront and 18 in the rear coming from the prerunner background I love the travel and on the other hand I love driving a fast machine any thoughts on what rote do I go with.

toyick

Melrose Stanley
Sep 10, 2007
Bay Area
unless they fixed some of the issues of the rzr...the turbo one is just going to blow diffs up and just be non stop problems..

toyotabuilder

Mega Member
Oct 26, 2010
Coos Bay, OR
rode all over moab in father in law’s tyrex that thing was pretty impressive went up some crazy shit and they are cheap compared to the rzr but if you are in the sand and desert i’d go with the rzr

Red Nose

Mar 21, 2010
rode all over moab in father in law’s tyrex that thing was pretty impressive went up some crazy shit and they are cheap compared to the rzr but if you are in the sand and desert i’d go with the rzr
The only thing that is holding me from the Yamaha is the inside news that by next year the company will have it in a bigger motor 200+HP which I will not spend 25+k at this time then i have sit in tears to reach that hp.and because of the travel number and popularity of the RZR I am leaning more towards it.

toyotabuilder

Mega Member
Oct 26, 2010
Coos Bay, OR
idk if 200hp in a utv is really nessacary hell 144 is more than enough my wife wants a rzr 570 she likes our friends as it can go places the big ones can’t but we’ll wait until the diesel mule dies to get another but its still plugging along like a champ even with the turbo i put on a few years ago. all that said brp makes the best rig fit and finish wise but the issue i ran into with mu DS450 and DS650 is dealer network sucks and parts from the factory are slow to get ahold of. my buddy that works for honda corporate says they will be bringing something to the sport UTV market soon and it might not have the punch but my bet it will be a rock solid rig in build quality

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds