Mexican 4door ranger registration?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

NODNARB

Mega Member
Aug 18, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
www.btf-fabrication.com
Has anyone bought one of these and successfully registered it for the street here in California? I have a line on one, I’ll probably visit AAA Tuesday to see what they have to say about it but curious if anyone has done it and ya have any tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
weining814 on insta has one in AZ. I don't think he has ever explained how but it is plated and street legal as far as I know. I'm sure California would be more difficult..

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
a few years ago i read a email/thread about doing it. did not seem very easy. but hey.... people bring cars from Europe and other places so it must be possible.

what about doing a cab swap or whats so different then a sport trc?

Reactions: smokeysevin

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
i know ive seen atleast two with ca plates on em driving around in my lifetime. not sure how difficult it is though.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I spoke with a guy in a 4 door Toyota 90s style. He basically said it is almost impossible. He said to get his they did some creative welding of 2 cabs together. One from mx and one already ca registered.

He suggested registering in az if we wanted to try it

94Tundra

Oct 26, 2006
san diego
the quickest way to determine if 'your' vehicle can even get to first base being imported from Mexico (anywhere, actually!) is to look under the hood. IF there IS an EPA Emissions Sticker there, that is a good first step. If not, quit right there as you won't get any farther no matter what you do. Second, if there is an EPA sticker there, look at the driver's side door jamb to see if there is a sticker/placard either from the DOT or the Manufacturer and it will have to have these words: "This vehicle conforms to all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety and Theft Standards in affect on the date of manufacture". If it DOES have that sticker/placard you are getting closer. If not, QED.

Reactions: NODNARB

NODNARB

Mega Member
Aug 18, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
www.btf-fabrication.com
a few years ago i read a email/thread about doing it. did not seem very easy. but hey.... people bring cars from Europe and other places so it must be possible.

what about doing a cab swap or whats so different then a sport trc?
I just like them because they’re different. It would just get turned into a street queen off road looking parts runner most likely.

NODNARB

Mega Member
Aug 18, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
www.btf-fabrication.com
the quickest way to determine if 'your' vehicle can even get to first base being imported from Mexico (anywhere, actually!) is to look under the hood. IF there IS an EPA Emissions Sticker there, that is a good first step. If not, quit right there as you won't get any farther no matter what you do. Second, if there is an EPA sticker there, look at the driver's side door jamb to see if there is a sticker/placard either from the DOT or the Manufacturer and it will have to have these words: "This vehicle conforms to all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety and Theft Standards in affect on the date of manufacture". If it DOES have that sticker/placard you are getting closer. If not, QED.
Thank you for this! I may go look at it and see if it has the stickers. If it doesn’t, then I know to just write the whole thing off.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds