New guy with Sport Trac

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Fire

Feb 22, 2021
Arizona
Hey all,
I'm been lurking for a while and enjoying the place. I now might have something to contribute, so I thought I'd join up proper.
I'm runnin a 4x4 lifted ST with a manual transmission, - and just this month a TC doubler.

Here is a pic before the doubler make dust and burning my clutch.

Making dust.JPG

Jr.fab

Feb 22, 2010
Hell Cajon
Welcome to the site!!!! Going to be cool seeing the progress on this.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Also budget broke kid but spending money on a doubler TC? I could think of tons of stuff that would make it work better for offroad than that. coilovers, new cv joints, etc. Also I've seen a lot of sport trac's and never knew they can standard with manual transmissions and had to pay to upgrade to an auto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heer-O and Horunner

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I agree save the money from trips and set aside and buy a good long travel kit once if you want to build that vehicle and 4x4 is a must. If you want a 4x4 to have fun with your friends there is lots of better options out there for much cheaper and are still really cool

Fire

Feb 22, 2021
Arizona
Thx for the ideas.
Yup my trans is a manual, and I've got 3.73s, so a bit of a challenge slipping the clutch up slow rocky stuff. So decided to stop letting the clutch smoke out and went double BW1354 TCs. Lotta articles out there for those who want to try it. Turned out to be a challenging job since I decided to fab the adapter parts myself and some manual shift internals. But fun stuff to figure it out and make it work.

It's a dd so testing the doubler on the weekends to build confidence in it before I roam too far 😀

Reactions: ucd baja

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds