new to off-road racing

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

snore7run

Aug 7, 2008
My name is Charles I live in vegas, and I want to build a class 7 truck. The other day I was wanting to just build a prerunner, but then i started looking at the different associations, and I want to start off with a couple SNORE races.

My main thing is rules. I still goto high school, I will be 18 soon, but this means I can pour most of my money into this project. I want to know what I can put on a 2000 or later ford ranger to make it run well but still be in spec. What suspension can I run.

I know the guy who runs Bunderson racing, and will be asking him for a lot help with this. For now I'm in the planning stage, and would appreciate any information on how to go about building my truck.

Feb 28, 2007
Las Vegas
I wouldnt tear a 2000 ranger into as a race truck unless its already been crashed. Is the truck your wanting to build your DD?
Your best bet is buy a score rule book and go from there, also look into the 1450 class

Feb 28, 2007
Las Vegas
crawl before you walk buddy.. camburg 5.5 for your truck
True, if your new make sure this is something you want to do. Alot of time and money will be put into this with no outcome for a few years. You wont get rich racing, its more of a hobby and enjoyment. Racing cost alot.

Jerm im getting a project but im still building my dd into a nice simple prerunner

snore7run

Aug 7, 2008
Back in the day my dad used to race motorcycles BITD and others
I kinda understand the commitment. My dad is just like, "that's a money sport." ahahaha

This will be my DD for now yes I only need one vehicle for my high school years

after I get a real full time job it will become my race truck probably 1450 class

TheTequilaWorms

EL CARLOS
Mar 6, 2007
Anaheim, CA
its super fun sport to be in.. cost u an arm and a leg.. wont get u laid cuz most guys spend more time on their trucks than anythin else.. but deff worth it.. baby steps is the way to go if u dont know what ur getting into. otherwise ull be like alot of the guys on RDC selling half done projects. anyway enjoy it cuz it sure is fun. i spend very little if any time in the dirt but wen im out there its like nothin else..

Feb 28, 2007
Las Vegas
Back in the day my dad used to race motorcycles BITD and others
I kinda understand the commitment. My dad is just like, "that's a money sport." ahahaha

This will be my DD for now yes I only need one vehicle for my high school years

after I get a real full time job it will become my race truck probably 1450 class
Im currently building a DD its much easy and better to have a project vehicle. This is coming from someone who is doing this currently and ive changed my whole plans for the truck because I've realized how much of a pain it is.

snore7run

Aug 7, 2008
I might not even race it though. I just think that would be really fun.

I wanted to put camburg's nice long travel offroad system on the front almost 6K :eek:
then maybe a bed cage with fox shocks and deaver springs from camburg

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds