Newbie...

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PoorRunner

Nov 15, 2020
Muskegon Michigan
I'm new to the ranger seen but have been wheeling in one way or another for 30 years.

Currently working on 1994 extended cab 4x4 splash with a 4.0 and 5spd. Truck was bought for my son. While replacing the starter he got a little eager and tried to start it before I had a chance to check his work. Well let's say a little to much battery charger and the positive cable and ground cable swapped on the starter and it now has a rednecked wiring harness and a good story on why the beginner mechanic should wait to have his work checked. LOL...

Plans are dana 44 ttb in front and 8.8 in rear with 4:56 gears. Rough country 4" lift and 35" tires on 17" dick cepek dc1's. Putting my stock flareside bedsides on a regular side bed. (Almost done). Not sure what the plan for the front fenders are as of yet. Kicking around the idea of grafting 2 front fenders together. Anyone done this yet?

Last edited:

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
I'm new to the ranger seen but have been wheeling in way or another for 30 years.

Currently working on 1994 extended cab 4x4 splash with a 4.0 and 5spd. Truck was bought for my son. While replacing the starter he got a little eager and tried to start it before I had a chance to check his work. Well let's say a little to much battery charger and the positive cable and ground cable swapped on the starter and it now has a rednecked wiring harness and a good story on why the beginner mechanic should wait to have his work checked. LOL...

Plans are dana 44 ttb in front and 8.8 in rear with 4:56 gears. Rough country 4" lift and 35" tires on 17" dick cepek dc1's. Putting my stock flareside bedsides on a regular side bed. (Almost done). Not sure what the plan for the front fenders are as of yet. Kicking around the idea of grafting 2 front fenders together. Anyone done this yet?
Sounds cool man. As for the fender deal. Not sure what the point would be? Theres to many options now days to get into that type of work. If you were talking a one off old vehicle that no one makes aftermarket parts for id get it. Trim the front stock fenders for clearance or buy fiberglass.

PoorRunner

Nov 15, 2020
Muskegon Michigan
Sounds cool man. As for the fender deal. Not sure what the point would be? Theres to many options now days to get into that type of work. If you were talking a one off old vehicle that no one makes aftermarket parts for id get it. Trim the front stock fenders for clearance or buy fiberglass.
Want a wide body on a budget. Trying to keep the fullsize axles from sticking out to far. That's why I put the flaresides on a regular bed.

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
Want a wide body on a budget. Trying to keep the fullsize axles from sticking out to far. That's why I put the flaresides on a regular bed.
I mean i hear ya on the budget deal. But it doesnt get much cheaper then finding someone selling some used front fiberglass for 50-100 bucks that maybe has some cracks or something and fixing it yourself. I guess it all depends on how wide that front end is going to be.

Edit: just noticed you are in Michigan. Good luck finding used fiberglass lol. You can always juat grab a BFH and beat beat the fronts to death to make em widerrrrr.

PoorRunner

Nov 15, 2020
Muskegon Michigan
Welcome, here was my ranger with d44 TTB when it was green with black fenders it had stock bronco wheels on it and the flare was 4.5” in the fenders and when it was red it had 4” fiberglass on the front with method wheels.
Did you shorten one shaft or *redrill the drop brackets? Thinking I'm going to *redrill my drop brackets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds