No. 7 Billet Ranger Spindles

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

EvanNumberSeven

Mega Member
Mar 5, 2008
Apple Valley
profile.myspace.com

2wd spindles for the cast beams and machined end custom built beams. But they are featuring a Dana 35 snout location for a huge jump in bearing strength by running that hub, But you dont have to settle for the single-piston claw style brakes like the factory spindles. It sucks to see a purpose built truck still rolling with junkyard ends and spindles, especially the dana spindles, I felt at that point its almost a limitation unless you get other custom spindles for a TTB, Then you can run better brakes. This complete spindle is meant to run the 2wd dual piston floating caliper from your later model beamed ranger. No need to pay thousands for an advanced suspension when you have to go out and buy downgraded factory spindles to make it compatible. Want to run Dana 44? No problem, we have another spindle that is compatible with the D44 hub while still using the factory floating dual piston brakes. Those caliper mounts will be integraded into the spindle for either/or D35/D44. So lets say you dont need the caliper mounts nor the steering mounts because you have a custom hub setup you want to run and youre doing your own steering, Done. The Spindles will also come available in a blank version for any application.

What hubs are these specifically designed for? And is this going to affect my trackwidth?

These are based off the D44 and D35 hubs. We came out with our Equal Length Race Kit and the beauty of it, in our eyes, was the trackwidth. It would drop your average ranger right inside 84" so it was as wide as it could go and still fit on your standard production flatbed trailer. If we made a multi-peice spindle, it would force geometry outside of OE specs so that not only the scrub radius would be much more redonkulous, but it would add another 3.0" total trackwidth to the already wider beams. Our answer to this solution was to compress the geometry into itself and make the main body out of one piece so that we could land the balljoint-wms dimensions exactly at OE 2wd spindle spec so that there is no change to your truck and turning scrub.

Hows the steering work since its another piece?

To keep cost on this down, since it is mostly 1pc milled, we opted for a platform to be off the face of the spindle that is turned 3 degrees down and enough area to either fabricate your own steering mount to ensure its compatability with a lot of kits out there or have us fabricate on our steering mount which is actually extended by 1". This will help give greater clearance so that steering doesnt have to be wrapped back around to the spindles as hard, but not too far out to complicate fitting between swingers and hangers. It will also change the response of the steering wheel to a softer feel during driving.

These are going to be available in:

Blank (no mounts, custom snout ready)
D35 with integrated caliper mounts and (optional) steering
D44 with integrated caliper mounts and (optional) steering

Last edited:

EvanNumberSeven

Mega Member
Mar 5, 2008
Apple Valley
profile.myspace.com
I have wait to hear back on my blueprints, so I cant say just yet. But I will say that the price will float around the prices of other custom spindles available if possible. But there will be different pricing bare spindle set may be $XXX, extra for the machined brackets, and even more for machined steering clevises and/or other custom setups like that.

Last edited:

EvanNumberSeven

Mega Member
Mar 5, 2008
Apple Valley
profile.myspace.com
I have pricing on these, and I have the chance to sell these at a rediculously never-to-be-seen-again introductory price. But it all depends on how many sets we do, and of which ones. If you are interested and want to own the only 1pc machined Ranger spindles on the market, email me. The price on them blew me out of the water.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds