No. 7 Ford Floating Conversion.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

fordprerunner2004

Sep 13, 2007
Another question I had was what are your plans to seal the gear oil from leaking? Simply make a gasket between the snout and hybrid flange or an inner tube oil seal?

Blase

Nov 11, 2008
San Diego
this look really cool. Definitely interested in this. Lets me know when the chevy lug pattern is available. I don't mind being one of the first to try it out. good job

EvanNumberSeven

Mega Member
Mar 5, 2008
Apple Valley
profile.myspace.com
this look really cool. Definitely interested in this. Lets me know when the chevy lug pattern is available. I don't mind being one of the first to try it out. good job
To be honest, Im way more excited for the Chevy one to be produced because the way it operates is sooo simple compared to the Dana. If youre seriously interested in the conversion, You can pm or email me about it and we can discuss it.

will the bearings be in a bath of gear oil or separate?
The bearings will be in grease like factory on the other side of the oil seal. We have ideas of enclosing the whole snout with a machined cap for the ability of opening up the snout to oil, But we have yet to get all on the same page (the team)

Last edited:

Nyeste316

Canadian eh!
May 6, 2005
Canada
www.baja-north.com
Not trying to sound like a dick, but this setup would be better with a dana 60 front spindle and something like a Yukon brand dana 60 hub with the 5x5.5 or 6x5.5 bolt pattern Dana 60HD rear,never ran! Moser 35 spline 4140 axles, Solid Ind FF kit, disc brakes, - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board We've played around with the dana 44 spindles and the axle breaks where it is machined down to fit. You also end up with a really small out spline count. If you use the Dana 60 stuff the axle stays 35 spline and is the same diameter the whole way. You even end up with bigger wheel bearings. Just my suggestion and I have a few years experience using this setup, and the cost isn't much more than what you're doing. Plus the dana 60 parts are alot more available because all the rock crawlers use the stuff.

EvanNumberSeven

Mega Member
Mar 5, 2008
Apple Valley
profile.myspace.com
Much has been put on hold due to the sheer fact of the Expo getting so close. We have been spending much of our time getting ready for it and making sure we have most of what we need for our displays and what not. Once we get back to desk and bench work, We should have this completed. And any advice and input is great to hear. No one is being a dick or asshole by contributing useful info.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds