Noah's 07 Classic 4x4 Silverado build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

RadoNoah

Aug 7, 2019
Gilbert Az
My name is Noah i am also known as RadoNoah

Decided this would be a great place to start my build thread and plan to try to keep it up to date the best I can

Warning probably will get pic heavy

Truck Information

Model: 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 4wd Z71

Engine: Stock 5.3 L59

Transmission: Stock 4L60E

Body/Exterior: Extended Cab Short Bed

Suspension: Stock other than Bilstien 5100's & Rough country leveling kit

Exhaust: Speed Engeenring 1" 7/8 Long tube headers, catless Y pipe and straight pipe dumped before axle

Wheels/Tires: 17" Method Double standards on 305/70 Toyo AT2's

Electrical/Lighting: All bulbs converted to LED, All on mod. Rigid 30" midnight pro, aswell as all other acc lighting being rigid

Sound system: Pioneer AVH-200 deck, 600w Diamond audio 4 channel amp powering 2 DES 6x9's up front and 2 5.25 in the rear, Cerwin Vega 1000w amp powering Diamond shallow 12"

Performance: Full bolt on's and 91 tune by Aaron at All Out Tuning

Build: As of September 10th 2019

The day i picked her up 5/17/18

IMG_1977 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_1978 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_1154 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Learned the hard way mud sucks

IMG_1158 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Still cleaned up pretty well

IMG_1981 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Truck had 151k when I bought it and with my first oil change got a little disheartening

IMG_1982 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Truck had a exhaust leak from in between the manifolds and y pipe, ive always wanted long tube headers so decided that this was the time. Did the headers and got it tuned. completely changed the way the truck drove for the better.

IMG_1984 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

This is where things really start hitting the fan, went for a quick impromptu night wheeling trip with friends. Truck was running great so much more fun with tune and trans tune till I decieded to try and show off and do some doughnuts. I slowly watched my oil pressure drop from a good 45 to 20 real quick. shut it off, checked to see and i was good on oil level. started it up and no oil pressure. flat towed it home, washed it off and started ripping the motor out.

IMG_1986 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Decided to get a stock crate 5.3 straight from GM, wasnt cheap but it sure is pretty

IMG_1983 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Back up and running, put the rough country 3" blocks in since it didnt have the factory 2" when i bought it. Still could not get the leveling keys in (crusted in place). Got my new toyo tires mounted and balanced on the methods. This is where the truck started look a part

IMG_1987 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_1988 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Went out on another late night desert runs... of the hundreds this would be another night to haunt

IMG_1989 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Made it around the whole planned loop of box canyon, probably a 2 hour trip through some desert and some rocky stuff. Got on the exit road and got a little over confident. Then disaster struck, thankfully everyone riding with me was ok. I underestimated a turn coming in way too hot. panic braked locking up the front tires, at full steering lock did nothing but kept me sliding foward, gassed it at the last second to keep us from wrapping it around a power line pull but still clipped a tree

IMG_1990 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_0022 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_0024 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_1991 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

The axle housing had the tube pulled out on the passenger side, causing the truck to dog walk, so that was one of the first things on the agenda to get fixed. A buddy had a housing that he swapped all the gears out of when he blew up his diff. so we got my gears into that housing, swapped my brakes over and threw it in.

IMG_1993 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Everyone signed the rear door, like a hs yearbook

IMG_1994 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Found a bed on Facebook market place for $500 that was the same color, so quickly hooked up the trailer and drove a hour to get it one way.

IMG_1995 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Found some doors at a junkyard the same color off a GMC, took it to a bodyshop to get them hung because the mounts were slightly tweaked

IMG_1996 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

RadoNoah

Aug 7, 2019
Gilbert Az
Didnt learn my lesson on mud.

IMG_1998 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Rigid Industries had a sale, Ended up with a 30" Midnight pro bar, D2 Driving lights, Dually Spot lights, Dually Floods, a Amber D series, and SR-Q's for reverse lights. All for under the price of the one bar

IMG_2002 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_2004 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Got a high clearance plate bumper. Decided to pre order a mazzulla one so thats why im waiting on cutting my bed sides

IMG_0639 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Posted up to a buddys turbo LS 6.0 truck when fixing a vacuum leak and airbag sensors

IMG_2005 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

I do dumb stuff still

IMG_2006 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_1375 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

Finally got the rusted keys out and the leveling ones in and it sits better.

IMG_2007 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

IMG_1975 by Noah Peruch, on Flickr

That is pretty much all up to date as of September 2019 when im writing this. Plans are in the works and i want to keep this thread up to date!

RadoNoah

Aug 7, 2019
Gilbert Az
All the sharpie comments on your beat up door and not ONE single wiener

your friends suck
That photo is a little older just what i had when i was writing it, theres a lot more shit on it now so probably is a shlong somewhere haha. Its hanging in my garage now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mconcha

RadoNoah

Aug 7, 2019
Gilbert Az
That's a cool truck. What are your plans for the suspension?
Thanks man! Right now, probably the JD fab coilover conversion kit and 2.5 resi’s all the way around, upgraded control arms and steering stuff.

Anyone have any experience with the mini deaver packs with these trucks? Are they noticeable better than stock? I cant justify spending $1200 on full u182 leafs rn

JakeFab

Oct 25, 2018
Colorado
I did the JD Fab coilover set up on my 'rado,works great.
I ended up putting Deaver f87s on the rear. Night and day difference from a mini pack.

Reactions: RadoNoah

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
i couldnt justify spending that much on leafs ever again. i had the both the f87 and u182s and they (u182) arent much better than the f87s which go for half the price.

Reactions: RadoNoah

RadoNoah

Aug 7, 2019
Gilbert Az
I did the JD Fab coilover set up on my 'rado,works great.
I ended up putting Deaver f87s on the rear. Night and day difference from a mini pack.
Glad to hear it works great Was planning a on getting just some smooth bodys up front until i save up enough for proper coilovers and learn how to valve. The front just needs a lot more shock than the 5100’s.

i couldnt justify spending that much on leafs ever again. i had the both the f87 and u182s and they (u182) arent much better than the f87s which go for half the price.
Thanks so just skip the J1’s and go with the f87’? Ive been following you on insta since before your silverado was linked & still looked like it rode like butter!

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Glad to hear it works great Was planning a on getting just some smooth bodys up front until i save up enough for proper coilovers and learn how to valve. The front just needs a lot more shock than the 5100’s.

Thanks so just skip the J1’s and go with the f87’? Ive been following you on insta since before your silverado was linked & still looked like it rode like butter!

i had the f87 before u182s and when i switched i was pretty bummed i spent all that money for nothing really. in the end, they are both just leaf springs. a properly valved shock will do wayyyy more for you than any different type of leaf spring. unless you go with the c85s. those are pretty decent cuz they have a huge arch and allow for more up travel with a frame c notch.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds