Noob Pre runner Suspension question

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Mar 4, 2019
florida
Hey guys I'm trying to build a 06 ranger pre runner I'm planning on having 18 inches of travel in the front but when it comes to the rear I have no idea what to do. I'm not going to be racing it I'm just building it for fun so with that being said would a 4 link kit be over kill or what I'm not sure what I should do I just want to be able to take deep ruts at good speeds and be able to jump stuff what do you guys think?

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
Giant 64's is the next leaf pack I am getting. I would highly recommend them for you.

4 Link will snow ball on you real quick. To do it right you will need a new axle housing and fuel cell beyond the cage work required for shocks. If you're ready all that ($/down time), then go for it!

Reactions: prerunner noob
Mar 4, 2019
florida
Thankyou for the info do you think the giant 64 kit will make my truck sit level with the long travel kit I will be installing and another question do you think it will handle jumps like a 4 link would? I feel like shocks and or coilovers would handle landings better but once again I am a noob at this

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
I would not get too hung up on ride height. 64's are spring under, so you get a lot of arch without a ton of height increase. You will have some adjustability in height with your shackle/hanger, and pre load up front.

This pack with the right tuned shocks is as close as you can get to linking it. You will have a lot more to worry about before it's time to jump the truck!

Mar 4, 2019
florida
I would not get too hung up on ride height. 64's are spring under, so you get a lot of arch without a ton of height increase. You will have some adjustability in height with your shackle/hanger, and pre load up front.

This pack with the right tuned shocks is as close as you can get to linking it. You will have a lot more to worry about before it's time to jump the truck!

Your right and thankyou again for the info

fordboi415

BTF built!!!
Dec 5, 2009
Rancho cucamonga, CA
Thankyou for the info do you think the giant 64 kit will make my truck sit level with the long travel kit I will be installing and another question do you think it will handle jumps like a 4 link would? I feel like shocks and or coilovers would handle landings better but once again I am a noob at this
You can adjust the ride height by adjusting the preload on the coilovers. The Giant 64s will increase the ride height but they work very well and offer the most uptravel you can possibly get with a bolt on leaf pack. For reference heres my ranger (BTF kit up front and Giant 64s in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Leaf springs are definitely the way to go. Easy bolt on fix for more travel. There's a lot of Fab involved in linking a truck.
I think giant sells shocks that are tuned for the leafs perfectly.

f1runner

Nov 18, 2013
El Paso, TX
Giant 64” for sure. Had them on my ranger with a BMS kit up front and they handle great

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds