ocotillo wells poker run??

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
next sat.

whos going?

is there a web site with any info?

like to know where in ocotillo
time of the different events like when does the poker run start and what time is dinner. important stuff.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
found some info.

whos going out????

ABOUT THE EVENT /
OUR ANNUAL OFFROAD SHOW & CAMP IS MOVING TO THE DESERT!
What do I need to know?
  • All vehicles must register for the Poker Run to participate. One poker hand is included in each vehicle entry. Additional poker hands may be purchased separately. (See tickets)
  • Registration will be open at 4pm at the General Store in the Desert Ironwoods Resort.
  • 5 pool access bands are included with your Desert Ironwoods Resort stay (dry camping, hook-up site, or hotel). Additional bands may be purchased separately in groups of five to be disributed as you wish. (See tickets)
  • Dezert People 16 will premier around the pool at 10pm. Pool access bands are required for entry into gated area.
  • RV Dump & Water Fill up are not included in camping fees. You may purchase these at the General Store for $20 each.
  • Camp site & hotel room accomodations should be made directly with the Desert Ironwoods Resort. Special pricing will be applied when you mention the SRD Poker Run. For reservations call: 760-767-5670.
  • UTV rentals are available! For information visit: http://www.ironwoodsrental.com/
  • Expected temperatures: HIGH 101 / LOW 68

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
weather report says 107 today with winds of 20----30 mph. no wonder no one post in this thread.

shit. i tried to xo my room in borrego but they need a 3 day notice. crapp. guess i will just go and hang out in the hotel room i got.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
My buddies are going in a stock green bronco. I presume they brought a large ice chest and plenty of refreshments...

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
it seemed fine. we got there late and most everyone was out on there 1st run.

we did not make a run. we just hung around the place and did our own run. we cruised by most all of the desert sculptures.

the hotel i stayed at was very nice. even gave us free wine and cookies at check in.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
didnt make it, was just too hot, and got back the night before from a long fishing trip...
The key i have found to ocotillo night runs is to stay in borrego springs at the resort there in august. the rooms drop to like $90-$100 a night and its a ghost town, hang out in the pool all day, eat at the nice restaurant onsite, and then start driving at 9pm. you can hit the dump from borrego springs and take trails all the way to oco.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds