Off-Road "Agreed Value" Insurance

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
I just got my 1996 Bronco that was built by Solo Motorsports ($90k in receipts) insured for a value of $70k for $185/month. This is the guy to call! Ed Caceres 408-717-7277 the company is called Safeco Insurance.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
Here's all his info.:

Ed Caceres
VP Of Personal Lines Insurance
Arizona Branch Office
p: 801-216-4545
f: 801-216-4275
t: 800-834-3930
Click on the Auto and the home Icon and run a Quote, and save some money.
ed@millwardagency.com
millwardagency.com

***The number above is his personal cell phone you can text or call him

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
thats good you were able to do this. is there any restrictions?

the biggest problem for most is being able to prove the value. a lot of trucks have been to multiple shops and or cash deals, used/rebuilt parts, garage fab with no documentation. then when it is done, cant pay the higher insurance cost.

can get a professional appraiser to give a value. as long as it is a certifiable appraiser most insurance co will take it. then it is easier to sell because the buyer can get financing at a bank.

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
No restrictions, I put it as daily use as well.

True...you would need receipts and/ or appraisal.

85tacoguy

May 16, 2009
San Diego
A company called Grundy has been good to me. Declared value up to 100k without an appraisal. I think it was 1900$ for 150k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeepspeed

Mega Member
Dec 29, 2004
Phoenix Arizona
No restrictions, I put it as daily use as well.

True...you would need receipts and/ or appraisal.
Do you know how the appraisal part works? Do they send someone, or can you have someone appraise it yourself? I don’t think most insurance companies have someone that knows the value of off-road parts. I’d be curious how I’d be able to make this happen without being able to provide receipts like mentioned above.

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
I had receipts and Ed said that was enough. No appraisal needed.

As far as bringing to Baja I would assume you'll need Mexico insurance as well.

I would call Ed...super knowledgeable guy.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
grundy and other hot rod insurance company's specialize in .....hot rods and classic cars. years ago before i gave up on this quest, i called them all and they were very afraid of what i wanted. they had restrictions on mileage, storage. only insure to and from shows. and age restrictions as far as it had to be a pre 76.

all of them wanted a "professional" appraisal by a licensed person or receipts.

did not ask about coverage in baja. never got that far in the conversation. i highly doubt it.

i used to have a number for a appraiser. i am sure anyone can call any legit shop and they will know. solo, sano, jimco, stewert race works.....

i may look back into this for myself. on a side note, if you are thinking of selling a high end truck, the person can get finance if you have an appraisal.

Riverbound

Dec 20, 2017
I have my explorer insured for agreed value at $30k through Farmers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds