Oooooorranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Saturday while at the shop, I managed to get the truck moved over a foot so I now have ample room around the back of the truck. I leveled it out as best as I could front to back as well as side to side. Then I proceeded to do a buncha math and over calculation to determine exactly how much material I had to chop out of the frame by the axle to bring things back down to flat again. I welded the outsides of the frame, then the inside, and started to blend the welds for overlays I plan on adding. I'm not exactly the most quick worker in the world with my level of OCD but I enjoy tweaking out on things. This week I hope to have the frame rails all done and blended, some crossmembers cut out that are blocking me, and the rear cab wall cut out so I can start throwing tubes at it. There is going to be a lot of stop and go with this truck as I'm having the platework laser cut so that will take some time but progress is progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Love the frame kick. Looks really good.

And man, am I just tripping.. or do those seem like some kinda small bolts on the links?? I suppose the 3/4" are really oversized though.

heezay

Smoke meth, hail satan.
Nov 27, 2011
buena park
Proper prep and torque you shouldn't have issues. I use 3/4 but that's just cuz I like overkill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
i've seen 5/8 used on others no issues. I'm sure solo knows what they are doing and it's more than adequate. I guess the 1.25" heim just makes it look small. Size matters bro! Lol
the 4" housing makes it look little haha

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds