Positive camber with 3x3's

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
I just picked up a mid travel buggy and it has quite a bit of positive camber in the rear. It has stock inner arm pivots so I'm not sure why it is doing this. I do not think the arms are upside down and on the wrong side. Could they just be cheap arms that don't have the camber built into them? Any info would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWHracing

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
It's likely the way the arms are made. I have a cheaper set of 3x3s on my car and just recently ended up redoing the entire back section of the car. I flipped the arms from side to side, and went from having a bunch of positive camber similar to your buggy, to having almost 0 at the same exact ride height just by flipping them. I have 1-2* positive camber at full drop and probably 3-4* negative at bump.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
Looks like it's just sitting high, what angle are your cv's at ride height

I'll let you know today when I'm off work.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

It's likely the way the arms are made. I have a cheaper set of 3x3s on my car and just recently ended up redoing the entire back section of the car. I flipped the arms from side to side, and went from having a bunch of positive camber similar to your buggy, to having almost 0 at the same exact ride height just by flipping them. I have 1-2* positive camber at full drop and probably 3-4* negative at bump.
I'll check that, flipping them and redoing the shock tabs doesn't sounds too bad.

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
I was thinking ride height was set a bit high but if you can flip and swap them side to side than that sounds like another good option.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
Ride height may be a little high, my preload is backed almost all the way out. Might need to re-spring the car, I'll know after I take it out

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
Tried another set of 3x3's I have and they have the same positive camber. Tried switching the arms from side to side, and it was the same. The car has "stock" inner pivots so I'm confused as to why it is doing this. The car would have to be fully compressed for the camber to be close to 0°

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
here are a few more pictures, still haven't had a chance to get an angle finder on the CVs

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds