Power Steering Cooler

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
I'm going to try a upgrade gm p pump but worse case I will mount a second pump on passenger head to run the hydroboost and the normal ps pump for just steering. Goat built makes a second ps pump bracket for tc or cbr pump.

I am running two TC pumps. One for the brakes and one for steering. You will want a pump dedicated for each. I believe my brackets are the goat built ones as well. Both pumps on driver side of motor

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
interesting concept idea you have. but i think i would rather run 2 AC compressors or 2 alternators.

here is the cooler i got a while ago. they are bad ass and so easy to mount.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Yeah basically from my research is the hydroboost holds the pressure in the little cylinder next to master and the fluid flows through it and only discharges the pressure when pedal applys and has a small amount of fluid is all and takes almost nothing to run. The gm stuff with hydroboost have same pumps just different reservoir can for the hydroboost return is all. Also I got a triton race cooler/reservoir they make for power steering solutions. Should work awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ovrebo1

Asshole/ helpful
Dec 10, 2007
Colorado
The other week I was chasing a power steering whine on a new setup. FINALY after years of chasing this sort of thing, I came across an article that said the return had to be below the fluid level. Solved my problem instantly.

What it made me wonder though. All these years, could I have been chasing noises like this, because the fluid level dipped below the return while I was beating on the truck?

Just food for thought. Haven't beat on anything yet to really test that theory out, but I intend to lower my return line in my remote reservoir if it starts making noise again

Reactions: 85yota

ovrebo1

Asshole/ helpful
Dec 10, 2007
Colorado
Oh also that article mentioned something about sealed system type PS setups. I think that would totally eliminate any cavitation if it was completely sealed

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I saw this on irate4x4 and thought it was pretty cool discussion.

Reactions: ovrebo1

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds