Project 2 Ghetto Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
OK, since I am pretty much done with my Ghetto1 build I got another Ranger to build up with my friend. Here's the link to Ghetto1:
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47734&page=11

Now to the details behind 2Ghetto:

Picked her up for $2,500 cash last night. Gold 1994 Ranger extended cab. 92,000 original miles. She's super clean, all stock, and has a 4.0 V6 with the manual 5 speed transmission. I'll post pics soon.

Only thing that isnt working is the AC. Not sure if I'll even bother with trying to keep it.

Gonna do a full cage front to back with 1.75 x .120 DOM. Gonna try to sneak in some .095 where applicable so I can save a little weight on this one.

Hopefully getting equal length D44 beams crossover steering and 4 link with 9" rear end. That's gonna depend on budget though, since it's a joint venture with my friend Kevin.

It's my second build so I'm hoping it turns out better than Ghetto1. Get ready bitches!

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Are you selling your first ghetto-ride? Its not even done yet is it?
HAHAH you're on to me!! Nope, not selling her, and nope she's still not finished! Actually getting swinger steering as we type. But all I have to do is plumb the cell and she's done.

2Ghetto is actually going to be 50% co-owned with me by my friend. We figured it would be a hell of a lot more fun with 2x built trucks! Let the nerfing begin.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
OK, so I used her to bring home 54ft of 1.75 x.120 DOM today.
Paid $3.56/ft.

I'm gonna try to log exactly how much material I use, and in which areas. Also will be looking for advice on where to use .095 to save weight.

here's what I'm starting with...

menacekustoms

Desert Rat
Sep 26, 2007
Dust City, So. Cal.
Gonna do a full cage front to back with 1.75 x .120 DOM. Gonna try to sneak in some .095 where applicable so I can save a little weight on this one.

Hopefully getting equal length D44 beams crossover steering and 4 link with 9" rear end. That's gonna depend on budget though, since it's a joint venture with my friend Kevin.
I think he was gonna do this. ^

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
So off with the bed, cut out spare tire mount, and almost done w/ the bumper.

I woulda probably had it gutted by now too, but the lil bitch didnt pass smog ... so now I have to keep it driveable until we fix that.

It passed emmissions fine, just failed on evaporative test.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds