Project 2 Ghetto Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
wait im confused. why did nick tonelli post a pic of a first place trophy if your time was faster than his
LOL> this is part of the whole cluster mcguster.

Apparently what had happened is.... they broke out the top 3x overalls as "pro".. then they did next 3x fastest as Open? THen picked out who was street class and did those.

At the beginning of the say i said to my chick...well how the hell do you even know what class you are!??

I'm still confused what they did with the alleged payouts?? I didn't receive any $$ or anything. Yet?

I got tires though. So I mean... that's cool!

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
sounds rigged
LOL. It definitely wasn't well organized. Tell you what. The transponders don't lie though!! And before I got the times... I was doing my own "timing" via videos. I was indeed faster from what I could tell.

When I won 2nd overall ... I was legit shocked. Tonelli looked(and sounded) like he was moving good. My girlfriend thought he seemed the fastest besides Wilkey.

So, to be honest the first thing I did when I got home was to check videos. Wanted to make sure my 2nd was legit! Purely for ego purposes. I like beating these guys every year. Gives me a nice sense of accomplishment.

There was a lot of controversy in quad class too ... I was listening in on some interesting talk from a mom and dad in crowd. They weren't happy.

All in all... could the event have been run MUCH better and been more organized? Sure, no doubt about that! But, I feel like he wanted to put on a good show.... and did his best. So, I can't complain too much. I mean anytime someone supports us smaller grass roots guys with small affordable races like this... I will want them to succeed. I will definitely go again. Even if I didn't win anything.

And if anyone wants to make a friendly wager with me at Del Mar. I will be serving up some more humble pie there in June! hahahah JK!

I'm also eyeing jump champs 4.0. Maybe just practice day though?

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
You know... this 2Ghetto thing still manages to go out there and hurt feelings with all 4.0 OHV liters of Ford Fury... I had a blast at Jump Champs. My girlfriend got her first taste of the intensity. We got on 2 wheels more than once. And we almost kissed Kevin from QMS' bumper a few times.

I put down an OK time... that got me 2nd place. BUT I NEVER GOT A CLEAN RUN!!! I was bummed about that. We paid a decent amount of money to "race". If I run into traffic every time... I will never get the time I am capable of. Someone flipped and they stopped us. I was lined up to have a good run and was gonna battle it out with the Chevy that won for the last 2x laps. I was lined up 1st and was gonna let him go. And settle it for real. Unfortunately, they called the race at that point, and we didn't get to go back out.

Oh well. Also thought it was a bit odd that first place was the only payout. And it was only$100!! That doesn't even cover the race entry fee, let alone gas or anything to get there. Especially because meanwhile... the heatwave "show and shine" winner got $500!

Oh well, I still had fun.. so whatevs.

Lost in the time trials.. I think I woulda beat the guy if I had lined up on the right track. (That line was waaaaaaaaaaay faster because of turn at the end)

This was truck I lost to in the drags. They told me it had a 4.0. Yea right. Fucking thing had a V8!

Checking out the competition on Time trial day

Camburg trucks were there. They aight

This thing had a big looking motor

It was great watching the Volvo hit the track... and the barriers. LOL

This old thing was cool too!

These guys really need to work on their parking skills...

They somehow screwed up and gave me the 3rd place trophy.

I looked at time sheets. Uhh, WTF! Should have gotten second. I am waaay too competitive to leave with the wrong plastic trophy I paid for. Ended up running around trying to get the correct one.

Awwee, much better:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ Wut, The GhettoFab vlogs? LOL. Maybe i will take a minute to make another one soon

My fingers hurt. I officially give up on my painter. I am just going to do this myself in my backyard... I need it done before Tuff trucks

So, I did a shit ton of sanding all weekend....

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I've sprayed a couple cars under an easy up wrapped in plastic. Hose the ground underneath the truck to keep the dust down and put a box fan in there blowing the fumes out. Works out pretty okay. Drink a couple beers first so you stay limber. Some of the best painters I've seen were total drunks. Stayed in the booth all day drinking Jack and pissing in old gallon jugs. They would stumble out at the end of the day dump the piss can and go home.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds