Project 2 Ghetto Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
If fox's manufacturers are in China? Than what is that big ass building in el cajon? Assembly? I don't like chinee manufacturers. But if costs can be kept down while maintaining quality what's the difference. We all cheap out on all kinds of parts. Chevy and Ford are both built in Mexico and China. If you want American built stuff pony up the bucks to pay the price for American wages . Change the way you vote too. Foa builds here doetsch shocks build here. We all avoid them because their products are sub par at close to the same prices as fox or king. Instead of trashing these companies. Support them by buying their products and giving them feedback. Otherwise be content with walmart shit. I'm not endorsing anyone.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I worked for a gunsmith who has a product on the market. He would be a millionaire if he had his product built in China. The costs varied greatly when he looked into overseas production. If you want quality it can be had. If you want money it can be had as well.

Reactions: themoneypit

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
I worked for a gunsmith who has a product on the market. He would be a millionaire if he had his product built in China. The costs varied greatly when he looked into overseas production. If you want quality it can be had. If you want money it can be had as well.
Exactly, the Chinese factories will make exactly what you tell them to make. If you want them to manufacture to a low price point, then you get what you pay for. If you want precision parts, they'll make these as well. A lot of companies are finding though that precision Chinese parts aren't all that much cheaper than making stuff domestically. With lead times like you suggested, and the general hassle of overseas business, more than a few companies have returned stateside. With a shrinking cost savings overseas, business is returning slowly.

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
If fox's manufacturers are in China? Than what is that big ass building in el cajon? Assembly? I don't like chinee manufacturers. But if costs can be kept down while maintaining quality what's the difference. We all cheap out on all kinds of parts. Chevy and Ford are both built in Mexico and China. If you want American built stuff pony up the bucks to pay the price for American wages . Change the way you vote too. Foa builds here doetsch shocks build here. We all avoid them because their products are sub par at close to the same prices as fox or king. Instead of trashing these companies. Support them by buying their products and giving them feedback. Otherwise be content with walmart shit. I'm not endorsing anyone.
You bet your ass. They literally work around the clock assembling shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickgbmx

OG Member
May 9, 2004
San Diego
Clearwater owns Fox, well the parent company sport truck USA. Also own BDS, zone off-road etc its a Chinese investment company many of Fox’s parts and made overseas and assembled and quality tested and controlled in the El Cajon facility. Fox has really been gearing up on the quantity over quality side of things with the new adventure series shock to compete with the bilstein 5100 line of shocks. The shock manufacture debate could go on forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Biggest thing I have seen in industry is that if the work is farmed out overseas to mainland china the initial quality will be fine once the process is setup.

The quality will usually go down over time as the shop cuts corners and qc gets lax or lazy.

The customer/owner then gets pissed and steps in to correct it and the cost increases but they are invested in the manufacturer at that point so they keep using them.

At some point in that process the manufacturing data or design "leaks" and cheaper lower quality parts end up on alibaba.

You see this allllll over the automotive industry, knockoff unbranded parts or branded counterfit parts show up way too frequently.

Sean

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds