Project 2 Ghetto Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Bummer.. CHecked out my driver tire last night. It's blown to shit. 3x holes in it!!

I'm wondering if holes appeared as I pulled off trail? Seems strange. I will try to get pics. Either way.. there goes $250!

Top BJ adjuster is all wiggly too. I'm starting to wonder if the holes in beam are even concentric anymore.

Reactions: charlie_brown

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Bummer.. CHecked out my driver tire last night. It's blown to shit. 3x holes in it!!

I'm wondering if holes appeared as I pulled off trail? Seems strange. I will try to get pics. Either way.. there goes $250!

Top BJ adjuster is all wiggly too. I'm starting to wonder if the holes in beam are even concentric anymore.

need to put some discount warranties on those fuckers

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA

i used to carry extra BJ adjusters in my tool bags. had to change them several times. the problem i had was the ears were too close together and it would not set down enough. geoff (giant) cut them off and welded some builet ears on. no more problem.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
How much that cost?

I feel like mine have been like that since day one. Could never get those damn adjusters in deep enough to really lock in. Both sides.

I am gonna try some fixed adjusters this time. I think I was at 0 before with adjustable ones. -.25 couldnt hurt.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
If they are anything like the yota eccentrics the ears get bent or the holes get wallered(?) out and they knock around.

Total chaos makes a reinforcement kit for tacos but not Tundras.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I got a bunch of eccentrics off rock auto years ago for $7.50 or so each. Check rock auto.

Just checked email. Guess they were more than I thought.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
i forget how much he did it for. i sent them to dave 1st and told him what was wrong. he cut the lower bj the same way as doing a cut ad turn beam but just moved mine down a bit. but that was not enough. i dont think he has a tape measure.

so i bought some ends from geoff (pinch type) and he put my beams in his jig and made them good. no more problems. he told me the main reason they get bent is when someone replaces the bj, they tighten the upper more 1st and or with it off the ground. should be on its own weight and the bottom gets torq. then tighten the upper.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
i forget how much he did it for. i sent them to dave 1st and told him what was wrong. he cut the lower bj the same way as doing a cut ad turn beam but just moved mine down a bit. but that was not enough. i dont think he has a tape measure.

so i bought some ends from geoff (pinch type) and he put my beams in his jig and made them good. no more problems. he told me the main reason they get bent is when someone replaces the bj, they tighten the upper more 1st and or with it off the ground. should be on its own weight and the bottom gets torq. then tighten the upper.

Well, I suppose it's good to know I can always get them cut apart and get converted to billet ends if needed.

I did it similar to what you said above..... I think maybe it was torque bottom to like 50, torque top to 100... then torque bottom again to 100??

I followed some procedure i found online that had a wealth of info about D44.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I got a bunch of eccentrics off rock auto years ago for $7.50 or so each. Check rock auto.

Just checked email. Guess they were more than I thought.
Dangit.. I was looking for 0/0 too.. that only had the 2x slots.

SPC 23109 looks to be EXACTLY that in your drawer

BUT>>> when I look online.. the picture shows the ones with multiple ears for that part number. Hmmmm (I was trying to avoid that because that's what breaks off my adjustable ones)

EDIT. well half look like the one above.. and half have all the ears. Based on what you show. that is what i should have got. Oh well. .25 more negative for better handling bro!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds