Project 4Skinner: Unclean, Uncut, Unkosher and Unashamed

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
bottom mounted resi, why go 225psi?
1. Because that was what the regulator was set at and I was in a hurry
2. Vehicle was at ride height, so at droop pressure will drop a little
3. I usually run 200psi in bottom mount resi shocks. What do you guys run?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
1. Because that was what the regulator was set at and I was in a hurry
2. Vehicle was at ride height, so at droop pressure will drop a little
3. I usually run 200psi in bottom mount resi shocks. What do you guys run?
120, think fox or king call for 110 or some shit, i do 120 cause thats easy to see on my gauge lol. dont need a ton of pressure as you are not fighting cavitation.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Fox says 200. I have always done 200 as well. I doubt you need that much.

But they are correct about needing a decent amount of pressure for this part. I know that from experience when I try to assemble.

Charge!shock!with!200psi!of!Nitrogen.! Failing!to!do!so!now!will!allow!the!bearing! to!rotate!during!the!next!step!and!the!cap! will!not!get!tight.

Tighten!the!bearing!cap!with!a!face! spanner!wrench!and!lock!it!into!place!by! tightening!the!set!screw!with!a!5/32”!Allen! wrench.

Wow, hope this cut and paste looks like it does right now... No way I am fixing that! haha

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
Does it have an ARB air compressor? If not I run a Co2 tank w/ an ebay regulator in my CJ, I have had it 4-5 years and its only been refilled 2 x's. I use it for airing up my tires too. Its nice to not have to worry about wires and shit. Every time I'm on the Rubicon Jeep nerds are always having ARB locker issues and its the compressor. I bought my Pneumatic toggle switch and blow off valve from the powertank website.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Yeah my Tacoma air locker i ran a T in the line with a Schrader valve and a ball valve for side to solenoid since my compressor failed and left me open doff 1 tire fire. Replumbed it with ball valve to close line with just Schrader valve to charge it with gas station air pump in needed or I had a bike high pressure hand pump id keep in my truck just incase.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds