Project 4Skinner: Unclean, Uncut, Unkosher and Unashamed

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Obviously I’m not very bright.

I’m gonna break it down to the main leaf, install the spacer on the BOTTOM side of the main leaf, and cycle.

Pretty sure it’ll be A-Okay, but won’t hurt to check. Then you guys can make fun of me being retarded some more!

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
cycling leaf springs?! the wrong way?! what are you some sort of space man?????
Total space cadet. I assembled, cycled, and went about my business with shit installed ass backwards.

Most likely, the only issue will be flatter leaves at bump. Worst case, i move the bumps.

Reactions: J4Roe

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Total space cadet. I assembled, cycled, and went about my business with shit installed ass backwards.

Most likely, the only issue will be flatter leaves at bump. Worst case, i move the bumps.
I was going to ask how your main leaf had some arch left to it at full bump... I actually just looked through this shit and didn't notice your simulated leaf pack (spacer) was on the wrong side. Then again, I just ripped the pen. Not sure if that's good or bad for the next 3 hours of tube work. I can't wait to see more updates. Just off the parts list alone I can tell this thing is going to be sick.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I was going to ask how your main leaf had some arch left to it at full bump... I actually just looked through this shit and didn't notice your simulated leaf pack (spacer) was on the wrong side. Then again, I just ripped the pen. Not sure if that's good or bad for the next 3 hours of tube work. I can't wait to see more updates. Just off the parts list alone I can tell this thing is going to be sick.
Thanks man. It’ll be a fun foray into go-fast(ish) camping and overlanding type stuff for Jeff and his kiddos.

Still dumbfounded at my dumbness for putting the leaf pack simulator on the wrong side of the main leaf.

Reactions: J4Roe
Jun 3, 2004
Corona, Ca
www.mullenfabworks.com
Still dumbfounded at my dumbness for putting the leaf pack simulator on the wrong side of the main leaf.
If it makes you feel better 10 DR dildos liked your post showing the fuck up and didn't say shit about it. They thought it was legit too and likely didn't consume copious amount of beer prior to smashing the like button.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
January 22 to January 26, 2021
Time: 10.5 hours

Laid out some possible fender trims with pinstriping tape. Top line is even with the inside of the inner fender. Set it up so a 31” tire hits the top of the inner fender and the e-brake cables just kiss the frame. Larger tires will require bump pad modification to limit up travel or complete removal of inner fenderwells and lots of sheetmetal fab.

Lots of cutting: outer fender, inner fender, and axle-side shock mounts all cut off.

Started playing with shock mount location.

I was hoping to keep the interior of the 4Skinner unpenetrated by heathen shocks or bumpstops, but we played a little game of “just the tip”

Peekaboo bumpstop! FatJeff will probably make a 1.5” thick false floor to cover the bumps for sleeping comfort and hidden shadowbox area for thin tools and spares. I think it’s a cool idea.

Mock-up Shock angle lookin’ relaxed and kicked back!

Bump strike pads are 3/8” mystery steel. Nice clearance for axle contour compliments of the AmeriBrade.

Home-brewed bootleg bump cans tuned up and 1/8” cold rolled mounting plates cut out on the band saw

Bumpstop assembly weight added per side: 1 lb 11oz

Stock rubber bumpstop and bump strike pad

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Question. Could you have moved the bump back and built a platform for it to hit off the back of the axle lower? Or would the force be too much and either rip it off the rear end or twist the axle on the springs and cause failure?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds