Project 4Skinner: Unclean, Uncut, Unkosher and Unashamed

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
@MullenFabworks

The pictures and shoddy fabwork in this post took place almost 2.5 months ago.

Upper rear shock mount: 1.75x0.120” 4130 tube & 3/16” tabs. Top cap of the shock is 1/8” from the underside of the bed.

Sawzalled part of the bed stiffening rail off.

Contoured the lower ruffstuff shock tabs with the bandsaw & AmeriBrade.

Picked up a 70’s/80’s Airco or Dotco air hammer at a garage sale. Coupled with a grinder, that fucker removes brackets in quick order! Fuck that stock shock mount.

I added some 1/8” gussets to strengthen the shock mount tube.

In retrospect, the dickgussets should have depicted an uncircumcised penis to more accurately support the project’s namesake.

Machined the OD on some urethane bushings to replace the fucked out stock rubber leaf spring bushings. The astute reader will notice that I’m using the parting tool to machine the OD of the bushing. It’s sharp and it works, so fuckit.

Inner sleeves machined from 0.75x0.120” wall 4130. Bored for 9/16” shackle bolt.

Stock upper shackle hanger is damn close to the magic Deaver F67/F55 52.5” front leaf pivot to upper shackle hanger pivot number.

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Is there a drill press on your Bridgeport?

Ameribrade just uses receiver tubing? Huh, I thought those things were all high tech and shit. Never really looked at one.

Reactions: Turboyota

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Is there a drill press on your Bridgeport?

Ameribrade just uses receiver tubing? Huh, I thought those things were all high tech and shit. Never really looked at one.
There is indeed a drill press on my mill. Lagun head needs to be rebuilt, and I haven’t done it in 2 years. Probably won’t get done, so I should just sell that bitch.

I have the old style Ameribrade frame that uses welded receiver tube. I also have the old style accessory arms and work rest. I haven’t installed my tilting mount yet.

I fucking love that grinder! I have a 20” disc sander that sits idle now. Should sell that also... and my JMR notcher. I never use that anymore either.

Reactions: themoneypit

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Nice. Bridgeports make a nice solid base for other tools! lol!

So you just notch with the ameribrade?

Reactions: Turboyota

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Thats cool.

I saw a vid with Mike Cox where he did a tour of their shop, pretty cool.

You should make some "how to notch with a belt grinder vids" !
*michael Cox should make some “how to notch with a belt grinder” vids. He’s better looking, funnier, and has actual video production skills.

I’d be like: “hmmmm let me lean my iPhone haphazardly against this colossal pile of beer cans and then incompetently blabber through a video tutorial with shitty sound because I don’t have a microphone.”

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Muhahaha! Better looking is subjective, he does have a sweet bronco though.

I don't think he does how-to vids either.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds