Project BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
Great weather out in Johnson Valley this weekend. Was quiet, not too many people around.

Didn’t do much driving since the little runner was crammed fulla firewood and crap. Was nice to just kick back and relax out there.

Knew it was gonna be a little warm so I got an ez up just for the occasion and I’m glad I did.

Definitely need new rear springs that are a bit stiffer since I’m going to start bringing a lot more stuff when we go out from now on.

Last edited:

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
I have a question or all of you, DR. The boot that goes around my steering shaft has been gone for a while and it hasn’t been a big deal but yesterday afternoon it actually got uncomfortable after driving for about a half hour. The hot air coming into the cab from that hole felt like a hair dryer on high on my shins.

I’m thinking of making a boot out of one of those shock boots you get from vatozone. Has anyone ever made a boot for their steer shaft? What’d you use?

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Not for the steer shaft but I used the shifter boot to make shock seals in my runner. I have a 90's style cab sitting at my moms house if you feel like driving to valley center. It probably has a boot on it.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
Not for the steer shaft but I used the shifter boot to make shock seals in my runner. I have a 90's style cab sitting at my moms house if you feel like driving to valley center. It probably has a boot on it.
I’m gonna try the shift boot idea, valley center is a bit far for a $20 part hahah. Thanks for the offer though, appreciate it.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
If I was going there anytime soon I would grab it for ya. I will try and remember next time I am down that way just incase you A) Slack and never do the shifter boot idea B) It does not work as planned.

Another option is we just bought a thin mud flap and cut it to shape with a slit in it. Slipped it over the shaft and riveted it on when we were sealing up the firewall of the Manx.

Reactions: dalandser

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
If I was going there anytime soon I would grab it for ya. I will try and remember next time I am down that way just incase you A) Slack and never do the shifter boot idea B) It does not work as planned.

Another option is we just bought a thin mud flap and cut it to shape with a slit in it. Slipped it over the shaft and riveted it on when we were sealing up the firewall of the Manx.
You just have me an idea with that mud flap idea! I have sheets of rubber and a punch kit so I can do that! Thanks!

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
Anyone ever use/trim these? Website says they can be trimmed but I’m curious how much can be removed. Going to use them like the droop limiters so I don’t need them to be tall at all.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
Energy makes a flat one that is about 3/4" thick. Used them as drop limiters I. The past. They work well combined with straps.
Yeah I couldn’t find the thin ones anywhere locally but these say you can trim them so I’m gonna see if I can trim them down that thin.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds