Project Elsie

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Update: preparing the hoe to move to my house because my brothers girlfriend is tired of seeing it in their yard. Hopefully it being 15 seconds away and in my sight every time I come home will help me stay motivated to get it done. Temps reaching 100 already are not helping though haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Update: preparing the hoe to move to my house because my brothers girlfriend is tired of seeing it in their yard. Hopefully it being 15 seconds away and in my sight every time I come home will help me stay motivated to get it done. Temps reaching 100 already are not helping though haha.

Where do you and or brother live?

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
I live right across the street from Gila Ridge and my brother lives by the Frys in the foothills.

No shit, when did you move to Yuma of all places? Thought ya have been in Phoenix the whole time. Going to be out in the garage working on the Toyota tomorrow if your out and about

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
No shit, when did you move to Yuma of all places? Thought ya have been in Phoenix the whole time. Going to be out in the garage working on the Toyota tomorrow if your out and about
I moved back a week before Christmas. I was only up in Phoenix for school and my ex and neither panned our so I moved back here. I grew up here and all my family lives here. I’m not sure what’s going on tomorrow yet but my number is (928)750-3830 if you want to shoot me a text

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Work and life have been taking a lot of my time, but I finally got around to doing something with the front end of the truck again. Don’t look at the rear, I bought some axles and they had the wrong size bearing retainers.

And somehow the front end just fell off.

So I decided to use this opportunity to see how much of a pain in the ass putting the LS engine is going to be. The answer is a big pain in the ass.

Reactions: SoupGFX

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Looks like you are going to need a big hole in that fire wall. An old hotrod trick is buy a steel wheel Barrow and use the tub to cover the hole.

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Yup, I’m definitely going to be pushing the engine back, but my current issue is my steering box is in the way for every configuration I’ve tried so far which is just tits. I’m planning to change to saginaw and do swing steer but I wasn’t planning on doing it yet. Might not have a lot of options now. Also considering manual brakes due to some issues with clearance of the power booster and not liking how cantilevers look.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds