Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
LOL>>> heated and reducing fatigue. We got a luxury prerunner up in here.

I had no clue what a "fillet radius" was until I just looked it up. I didn't machine it or even see it being machined/ Pretty sure it is just cut in at an angle.
What purpose would that serve? I imagine less stress at edge?

See here.

Reactions: Horunner and heezay

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
You'll get stress concentrations at a sharp edge so adding a fillet distributes that stress better. You're cut is tapered so that serves the same purpose. The carbide inserts also have a tiny radius on them so you should be fine.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Didn't seem to get much done this weekend. I was too skurd to cut into the carbon dash. I have been trying to make some templates to know where to put the holes/slots for tubes coming down to dash. Must have made like 5x of them.

This is always tricky for me. Feel like the latest marks are still off a bit. As in the dash is shifted to driver side a little. Still not confident enough to go for it. Need to make ANOTHER new template. Might install door panels too... so get a better idea of alignment.

So, knew I had to get some more shocks done. Decided to tear apart the front coilovers.

WTF!? Comp shim stack had a random .020 shim in the second position instead of a .010. This is why you check your shocks folks!! And this is also proof that Fox does have .020 shims.

This caused a bit of a problem due to not having a fox shim stash yet. I had to switch some shims around on the rear shocks. I still have one to go... so maybe I will find another surprise. Switched rears to full .012 on comp and kept what came standard on the rebound side for now becuase I don't want to buy any more shims right now. (Standard was 2x .008's then the rest was .010's on the rebound side.) I also removed one of the 1" spacers for max droop on the front.

heezay

Smoke meth, hail satan.
Nov 27, 2011
buena park
I get nervous cutting fiberglass, let alone carbon fiber.

Make some alum plates to cover the notches and any blem you might make while notching for the tubes. If you did it in a satin black or dark grey with some beauty washers and pan heads it would look like it’s meant to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds