Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
those rims look good. congrats on the move, hopefully it has AC
Yea, I really dig these wheels too... Now I just need to make sure I don't blast any of them... cuz not sure where I would get a replacement.

AND IT DOESN'T! Was insanely hot the other day. Think it was a record there in Esco. Like 115 or something stupid.

Luckily she has a lot of shade from trees, but even then. We do have portable AC units though... so the bedroom is OK to sleep in.

I told her if she plans to stay in this house... she should get windows first, then A/C. Old single pane windows are CRAP. I can't imagine the AC bill with those windows.

Reactions: jonsangel

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ I will.

So yea... been torturing my brain with a way to mount this cell and still look ok. Who puts the god damn filler in such an odd spot. No room on sides really... and barely can get a 3/4" tube on centerline.

I must have sketched 25 different things and always found a reason I don't like it.

Think I am going to do angle iron cradle that is pie cut on lower sides.. and cap ends with flat strap on front and back lower. Cradle will get welded to that 1.5" cross member.. and attached like I did other trucks with legs to frame in back

Then some configuration of 3/4" .120 tube to clamp it all down with 1/2" bolts.

But, before I go further with my design...Anyone have pics of how people have held this enduro cell down before?

here is my latest sketch...

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^ yea it is right where i would normally put the straps. They woulda been dimple died too.

I could simplify this a ton... by making a tent type hold down. But I just didn't like the aesthetics on paper, or when i held tubes up.

I could also just weld the tops with a different joint... and just use 3x bolts on bottom. Not sure i like that either...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds