Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Yeah, those gradual bend 90s flow WAY better than these shitty things. Learned that on my old Mustangs that were having trans temp issues.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego

One of these sweepy thingers

Sensor should be in the trans. Worse case you add one to the pan

Temp wise, make them come on sooner than later. 170 would be a good start. Once they are hot, it’s real hard to bring them back down.

OK, that is the style of fittings I planned to use. Def not a hard 90 like that. I have only used those on brake lines. I figure they don't have to flow a ton

Except... way cheaper. Jegs Chingbling. Uhh herrrooo, issa onry 15 dorra!

Just so happens to be the same one I am waiting on!

Reactions: charlie_brown

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Finally got some time to work on this pile! Been tinkering with making a tiny storage shelf for rear hatch.

And since I had a helper this weekend... I was able to tackle the dash!!

Basically just went for it after holding it up... I did one small test cut real shallow.... and they seemed to line up damn perfect. So... fucking went for it! Shit is like 7" deep! I used a 1.75" holesaw and then a cut off wheel to cut the slits. My "A" tubes are 1.5"

Sides seem to line up pretty good.

The next issue was the corners. "I dunno how I messed it up". Actually, I do. I assumed the dash was going to end up a little lower and therefore closer to the diagonal.. which would require more clearance. So, I ended up making it too deep in that direction. Oh well. Still looks clean because I tried to keep it all fancy with radiused corners. and with the windshield in it's not noticeable. So, I am happy with it.

Cut out for VIN is even radiused.

The middle sags... so I need to come up with some sort of spacer.

A 1/2" nut seems to be about the right height. I will try to find a rubber bumber.

The bottom is going to be my next problem. Shit is SUPER low looking... and I will likely cut out some pockets for leg room. First I need to actually mount it though.

Pics below reminded me... I went and got some cheapo harbor freight LED shop lights last week too. 5 minute install with some hooks you use for hanging bikes. LOL. WOW>... it's amazing to work in real light!

Also picked this up from Fiberwerx. They did exactly what I asked them NOT to do..... For some reason their mold has the entire cowl section in it. Great.. for someone who doesn't have the factory cowl and windshield wipers. I specifically asked them to cut it out to the size of a factory hood. We had to take my brothers back to them last time to do this. They said they would... and when I arrived I noticed it being wrong immediately.

I wasn't going to wait for them to send it to Mexico and cut it just like I would ... so, I took that shit home and used my old hood on 2ghetto as a template. Cut that crap off real quick. Interesting notes. My old hood is waaay heavier. I can't imagine that is all paint. This one seems a lot thinner. It also has ridges down sides.. and my old one does not. Weird.

Should be fine though. Here is the first cut. I might try and tune it up a tiny bit to be more perfect later. We'll see once I get fenders etc. all lined up.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
oh yea.. forgot to mention a couple truck work related injuries...

I got the WORST welding burn. When doing an overhead tack... a small ball of splatter fell, went thru my shirt... hit my belly... left a burn streak down my stomach, and then fell into my belly button and burnt the SHIT outa the inside of that. I have had a scabby belly button for over a week or two now. worst location ever.

I also managed to ram the 1.75" bumper tube up my ass. Like bad. I was stepping off the ladder... for some reason thought I was clear... took a last big fast step.... whablammo!! Tube straigt to my ass. Left a nice abrasion from tube on butt cheeks... and my tailbone is killing me. Right now I am sitting on a physio ball.. and it's hurting.

Girlfriend heard me make a weird animal sound or something... she came out to find me laying on the floor holding my ass... "What happened!?" I couldn't even answer at first it was so painful.

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Dash looks awesome. You did a much better job at fitting than I did. I had it where i thought it was supposed to go then raised it like 2-3" after sitting in it and it hitting my knees. Raising it screwed up all my cuts.

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
oh yea.. forgot to mention a couple truck work related injuries...

I got the WORST welding burn. When doing an overhead tack... a small ball of splatter fell, went thru my shirt... hit my belly... left a burn streak down my stomach, and then fell into my belly button and burnt the SHIT outa the inside of that. I have had a scabby belly button for over a week or two now. worst location ever.

I also managed to ram the 1.75" bumper tube up my ass. Like bad. I was stepping off the ladder... for some reason thought I was clear... took a last big fast step.... whablammo!! Tube straigt to my ass. Left a nice abrasion from tube on butt cheeks... and my tailbone is killing me. Right now I am sitting on a physio ball.. and it's hurting.

Girlfriend heard me make a weird animal sound or something... she came out to find me laying on the floor holding my ass... "What happened!?" I couldn't even answer at first it was so painful.
You are HILARIOUS Aaron. This was written so perfectly.

Reactions: FasterNU

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds