Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
this is what i did. i took the TnT fab bracket and just welding some "ears" tabs to mount it vertical instead of sideways.
i took the stock reservoir and cut the top off only leaving the part going into the MC. I taped it with a pipe tap. just got some brake fluid hose and ran it to a reservoir.

has been working great after i got it all adjusted.

i think you messaged me, i dont remember if i responded. sorry.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: mikey09120

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Found one of my OG sketches from when i was planning cooler mount. Obviously I cheaped out and used store tabs. Funny to find this. Forgot I even did the sketch

And since I can't decide what to do on brakes... I went ahead and worked on some other things. That's the beauty of these big projects. If you can't make a decision... there are plenty of other things to do!!

Went ahead and got started on the seats. I noticed this tube wasn't in my notes. G4 turned out to be 45.5 mitered to 22.5* on each end... then 4" tube with 0* notch and 22.5* miter. When all said and done, tube was 45.25ish and 3-7/8. I used some 1.5 x .095 this time.

Have to have internal bulkheads...

And had to be recessed into the floor for max style points...

And found a good 110V setting for continuous welds on tube to the body (6-35). I only had a couple small issues.

All done.

Then I moved to dash. Super simple. I used the tabs from my cooler mount. Drilled them out to 5/16". Which reminds me... I need to go get more tabs for that...and some more 1.25" tube for seat mounts. Fucking tabs were like $3 each though! Oh well. Saves time.

oh yea, think I am gonna use the fancy fender washers too. But i will get black ones. Another rip off incoming...

Gonna add a couple more mounts down lower.... and not sure if I will want some up top. Gonna get some rubber bumpers from my brother to try up top first. (he works at Rubber The Right Way)

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Funny. that is where I got them. IMS metals.... in person.

They are tabzone 250014's

Best place to get tabs cheap for me has been AA manufacturing

Reactions: Drayke and the bodj

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Oh yeah I forgot about A&A! Hah. Since I got the plasma table I just cut my own, unless I just need basic tabs for mounting random stuff. I keep a drawer of ~50 IMS tabs for that lol

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
.... and not sure if I will want some up top. Gonna get some rubber bumpers from my brother to try up top first. (he works at Rubber The Right Way)
Looking good. Really been thinking about getting a 110 welder for sheet metal stuff. Wonder if the harbor freight has one that is cheap and is any good. Time to do a little research

Can a brother get a hook up at rubber the right way? Was just about to place an order there.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
One of the reasons I got this 210MVP was because it can do both. Honestly though.. the 110V is only beneficial on the lowest of low settings. Unless...you are like me... and didnt have 220V! The only reason I chose 110V there is because I can.. and don't want to listen to the generator run and burn gas. I can run that same weld on 220v. 3-32 would do it pretty much identical on my generator which is 220+

Tell my brother Clayton that you watch and follow our truck builds on here. He might be able to hook it up. You will have to call though. Not sure he can do anything on website. Odds are if you call you will get him. Or just ask for him.

His truck is Ghettotrip, G3, or whatever. You know...the super clean white one that sits in his garage. HAHAHA.

He might even be lurking this thread now...

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I have a 220 Miller that just blows holes when I try and do sheet metal. Ben thinking of trying thinner wire and lower settings but not sure if that would work. The metal is thicker since it is a car from the 50's but still thinking 220 is too much.

Will try giving him a call once I figure out if they sell the additional item I want and how big an order I want to place now vs a little now and little later.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
I have a 220 Miller that just blows holes when I try and do sheet metal. Ben thinking of trying thinner wire and lower settings but not sure if that would work. The metal is thicker since it is a car from the 50's but still thinking 220 is too much.

Will try giving him a call once I figure out if they sell the additional item I want and how big an order I want to place now vs a little now and little later.
.023 wire and turn it down, you will be fine. With the silly bronze wire I can run a bead on .030 Samurai sheetmetal.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds