Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
huffed more glass last night on the dash. I am trying my best to make it so nothing really touches in the hopes of keeping the rattling down... This thing is like a giant drum! I may need to put some Dynamat ... if it sticks.

Also installed some rubber bumpers.

It's a perfectly even height across now.

And made some rubber washer thingy's out of some stuff from my brother. still deciding on material between base and cooler and then I can finally finish that.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
finally got some backordered fittings from Jegs... from like Black friday I think? LOL. Was able to finish my fuel line... and now working on trans lines.

And started some seat mounts. going to do a little different this time. Gonna incorporate the seat belt bolts with 1.25 x.375 wall tube. Basically trying to find a reason to use this expensive ass tube I have laying around. hahah

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
Way less amperage needed. Running C25. Cannot run multiple pass's, it's one and done. I will try argon next time and report back.
Did you ever try this with 100% argon and compare to C25?
I did some quick reading and found a few sources claiming athat 100% argon on the sillyBronze mig wire process is required. Curious how your results faired.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
Did you ever try this with 100% argon and compare to C25?
I did some quick reading and found a few sources claiming athat 100% argon on the sillyBronze mig wire process is required. Curious how your results faired.
I found thr same info from my reading too. Ill have to pickup a small spool and try it out. I got argon from my tig and the c25 mig mix too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
that's why I never even bothered with it and blasted it all with regular wire. I don't have 2x tanks.. and don't really want another. I was worried about diff wire contaminating the liners too. Looking back...Would have been fun to learn though.

But, instead I have been wasting a shit ton of time on these dumb seat mounts. I could have made straight tubes instead of the integrated seatbelt mounts MUCH faster. And you would think I'm not so retarded when it comes to building stuff by now.... but for some reason I assumed the seats mounting points would be like square. Nope, just figured out over the weekend that the front is considerably wider than the back. And wider than my tubes can go because of the trans tunnel. So, now I have to build tabs with bends for the front. derp.

Took a lot of time to get height where I wanted it. It's crazy how little material you remove to change the angle a shit ton. I went slow with it after botching the first tube. Seems to all be within 1* across truck. After I weld it... I'm sure that will all go to shit. haha

Starting rear tabs first... no off the shelf tabs for this part. dangit. LOL

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
that's why I never even bothered with it and blasted it all with regular wire. I don't have 2x tanks.
As well as it works on C25, I can't see it getting that much better on argon. Liner contamination should be a non issue. Even with the miniscule amount that would wear off, it won't effect the alloy of an ER70 weld. Now if you were trying to push aluminum wire through it, that would be an issue.

Reactions: charlie_brown

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Late to the brake booster party but Jubera fab moved the booster to the bed of a ranger they built years ago. The center mount square body. Said it worked like stock. Mounted off the rear firewall or some tube work, I don’t remember.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds