Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Late to the brake booster party but Jubera fab moved the booster to the bed of a ranger they built years ago. The center mount square body. Said it worked like stock. Mounted off the rear firewall or some tube work, I don’t remember.
Interesting, do you remember what kind of booster it was? Did they move the booster and master cylinder together and just run a linkage to the pedal?

Sean

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
Yeah they did the same thing, manual master cylinder to power the slave cylinder which pushes on the brake setup. Hopefully I can fit my hydroboost in thr normal position but will go this route worse case.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Justin came over and helped on Sat. So, got more done than normal. Bunch of grunt work to prepare for painting and coating the interior. So things like removing dash, rear window, pedals, and making bubble wrap windows. Wire wheeling the seam sealer was fun.

Also drilled drain holes everywhere. Even where you don't need them. (to be symmetrical)

And I finally got my seat mounts done this weekend. Quite a bit of time in these, straight tubes would have been waaaay quicker. But this was a little different for me.

Pile of dust and drill shavings was insane after doing all these by hand throughout the week.

Thought I had them good... but, the pass side rear tabs were about 1/8" too far back , and angled more down in front. (This meant where seatbelts exit to rear seat belt mount tube would be about 3/8" off.) This is G4.. and couldn't let shit like that slide.

So, I took the pass side tabs back off to start over...Then it hit me. Hey stupid! You took all the time to make those tabs perfectly match. Use the god damn hole as a guide and stick a tube thru there for alignment. Duhhh. That quickly got things were I was happy with them.

So, then I had to pop them all out so I could weld them good. Boy, I tell you what... bench welding is def the way to go.

There's one of my OG tabs below. (I can see scribe, punch, and Sharpie marks.) Man, that was a long time ago.

Well shit, some of the non bench... face down ass up welding came out OK too.

Did I ever mention how fucking light these seats are?? Good thing. Because I took them in and out 100 fucking times. Only a few dozen more times to go. hahah

heezay

Smoke meth, hail satan.
Nov 27, 2011
buena park
Off topic but any budget friendly hydro boost setups out there? I’m Running a Howe tc pump, but I know by buddies truck was converted to hydroboost and that entailed going to the 1400$ tt ps pump which Isn’t in the cards

Looking good Aaron, seat mounts came out badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
doing tons of stupid work and spending all my money. I bought 2x Switchpros RCR12's for switches. ouch! Going to try and buy the Holley stuff this week too. Looks like I have to get a full kit, plus another injector harness because I have car intake on truck motor. Double ouch.

Installed an -08 AN vent and also a drain plug on the housing yesterday. Painted most of cab interior in flat black throughout the week... That didn't cost much...except a few years of life from fumes. LOL

Started back on finalizing the steering. First attempt below. Think it is too low and not far enough out. Have to put seats in AGAIN!

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
Off topic but any budget friendly hydro boost setups out there? I’m Running a Howe tc pump, but I know by buddies truck was converted to hydroboost and that entailed going to the 1400$ tt ps pump which Isn’t in the cards

Looking good Aaron, seat mounts came out badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
never figured out the issue, but with black betty and the $1400 TT pump and hydroboost, if you got on the brakes hard and turned the fucking truck would die.... fun experience when you are about to run into a big ditch.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds