Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ NO thanks on that! I'd rather have manual brakes than problems like that.

Keeping true the tweaker style of work.... I switched gears and ran some lines this week.

Diff vent. I did a catch can style this time. Got it from JEEEGGGSSSSS!

It was much bigger than I expected. (that's not what she said)... but it still fit. Some would say... why do you wanna catch nasty gear oil? Well, I certainly don't want it blasted all over the firewall. When my gears got smoked before in 2ghetto.. it puked a bunch all over the firewall and everything behind it. Not fun!

You will see that the factory puts a perfectly sized hole for an -08 AN straight fitting to just fit through and go down to upper links. Thanks Henry. So, I ran the line up through there and to a 90* fitting to the can. I will probably put a small piece of rubber hose to resist any abrasion where the hose goes through the frame.

And got my -08 fittings in the trans. Yes, -08. Not -06 like most places sell.

So, I went ahead and threw some 90's on those. Of course, 20 feet is exactly NOT enough to do both lines. Gonna end up having to buy another 20ft section just to finish this. And end up with 2x 9ft sections to jump rope
with. LOL. Hmm, maybe that is my excuse to plumb in some sort of trans temp sensor into the return line?

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I have been trying to sneak in some time when I can... but still take enough time to get things right. So, everything has been slow moving.

I finally got my steering where I want it. This took quite a few tries. I botched 2x tubes in total, but I wasn't about to have the MAIN thing for driving be in the wrong place. I also had to make sure the structure didn't interfere with the dash.

Here is the structure.

To get the hole in the exact right spot was tricky. I cut the tacks on the bearing assembly so i could slide it fore/aft. Then put the dash in. Then I had to contort upsade down with legs up on seat and neck wedged at floor/firewall.... and hold tube up in place with one hand and mark it with the other. Big fun! (I can feel my fat neck cutting off my airway again right now.) Then I marked center of hole and hole sawed it. Re-tacked the bearing assembly back in and whala! Shit is pretty much in the perfect spot.

All in all, the time was worth it! I'm sure I will spend a good amount of time on shifter and handbrake too.

Held up screen too. Knew it was gonna be tight... but so far it all seems like it will work!

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Looks so good! Going to come up with a nice surround for the steering column? Looks bare with just the shaft sticking out

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I actually can reach most of them with my back pressed against the seat...

these far ones require a slight tilt.

Oh, stereo is in.

Semi-Pro Tip. you can use a punch as a marker. I used the holesaw adapter to make it smaller.. and used one of my HF punches.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds