Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
100% what tommy said. Chasing cooling issues is no fun.
I agree 100%. When my old race truck was running good and cooling good the truck was fast and fun. Some race's it would overheat in certain sections so had to cruise and baby it. New truck is getting the biggest radiator I can get in the front because blowing a motor by overheating is not fun. Happened to my old race truck overheated and blew a head gasket/cracked head. Motor was smoked and cost me a few thousand to replace it PLUS lost entry fee and fuel to get to the race it happened to before the race.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
I agree 100%. When my old race truck was running good and cooling good the truck was fast and fun. Some race's it would overheat in certain sections so had to cruise and baby it. New truck is getting the biggest radiator I can get in the front because blowing a motor by overheating is not fun. Happened to my old race truck overheated and blew a head gasket/cracked head. Motor was smoked and cost me a few thousand to replace it PLUS lost entry fee and fuel to get to the race it happened to before the race.
Same thing on kevins toyota, went with a small radiator up front and it didn't cool. Then a small radiator in the rear, then ducting, then blown motor, then massive radiator and never an issue.... hell at primm one year we pegged the coolant temp at 250 with only 50% throttle.... Yet it worked in barstow a few weeks prior.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
still cant decide on a radiator. ughh. Leaning towards a 34 x 16. The 2x 16" fans are gonna take up a shit ton of space though. Lines drawn here are 14's.

So, did busy work. Tabbed the trunk thingy and put a couple panels from AL skid plate scrap.

Painted it too.

And spent mo money. got some S2 pro's. Going to do my own flush mount into the frame caps like I did on G3. Went with the driving combo lens.... for when I need to race people in reverse.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
LOL> Yea, my tools are #GhettoAF.

I probably should have gotten a good angle grinder. I have gone through so many of them things. And they buzz and shake more than Michael J Fox

Only nice tools are notcher and bender.

Reactions: A.J.

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Hahahaha, I’ve used these for the last 5-6 years. Have definitely lasted, and don’t torch your hands or vibrate like a HF

Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Put them harbor freight angle grinders, flap disks, cut off wheels, wire wheel and then the drill press to work last night .... with what must be a worn out Milwaukee 1.25" hole saw? ... because that shit took forever and got hot as fuck! I actually had to use some lube. Meredith must love me, burning oil in the garage literally... until 11pm. Maybe I can make it till midnight tonight. haha.

I actually like building these. And got to do my new trick again. Sometimes you wonder why you never thought of simple things like this until your 4th truck. lol

Garage was smelling good after 4x of these.

And trim the centers out to the scribed marks with a well used cut of wheel

I can probably fine tune plates better in a couple spots, and still need to check and see if they are level, but I couldn't wait to tack them up and check um out.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Hahahaha, I’ve used these for the last 5-6 years. Have definitely lasted, and don’t torch your hands or vibrate like a HF

Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A
might have to try one. My cordless bosch drill and mini impact have surprised me and have been awesome. (Gift from my dad)

Reactions: A.J.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds