Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Then I decided I would try and get some real work done and work on the overly complex and unnecessarily time consuming radiator mounts...

Figured... Hey, I rarely use that 4" grizzly vice brake that I bought...thanks to Turdblo. Let's use it for one edge. Managed to get the bottom ones done. (just pictured here on top)

But then I started the top ones... and Ka-POW...It finally blew up my vice! Fun little event.. till I look down and see that it marred up the edge of the brake. hopefully can file that edge back.

You’re welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FasterNU

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I’m not in love with my vice brake. It only bends thin stuff I never use. I do like the swag one for my 20 ton press thought.

trucks looking good broseph 🤘

Reactions: the bodj

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I only use my swag brake as well. I have a HF sheet metal brake for making panels, which is the only time I use thin stuff.

can you share what rubber grommets you got? I have a couple of tabs open for grommets I’m thinking of getting but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’ve NEVER had luck with regularstretchy rubber exhaust hangers. I’ve broken them four trips in a row haha.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
yeah same here with the exhaust rubber grommets. What i have done and suggest now for people to do is to weld in a flex coupler between the manifold and the exhaust and solid mount the exhaust to the chassis. A cage truck the chassis shouldn't flex much if any, while the flex coupler allows the motor to vibrate around which is only reason for rubber hangers in the first place.

Reactions: SByota

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
yeah same here with the exhaust rubber grommets. What i have done and suggest now for people to do is to weld in a flex coupler between the manifold and the exhaust and solid mount the exhaust to the chassis. A cage truck the chassis shouldn't flex much if any, while the flex coupler allows the motor to vibrate around which is only reason for rubber hangers in the first place.
That’s exactly how I did the Jeep. I put a flex coupler just after the down pipe near the transmission. I hard mounted the rest of the exhaust and muffler to the frame. Never had an issue with it.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I got these red ones(because this color come with washers LOL)... but they had black and also that buna looking color without washers.

all from same guy toolman15061. They appear to actually be made by AP Exhaust with part number F5120

I found them because some other guy was selling some 1/8" pre fabbed units for a grip and I knew I could find just the grommets and make my own mounts out of 1/8. Well, that is the plan at least.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I got these red ones(because this color come with washers LOL)... but they had black and also that buna looking color without washers.

all from same guy toolman15061. They appear to actually be made by AP Exhaust with part number F5120

I found them because some other guy was selling some 1/8" pre fabbed units for a grip and I knew I could find just the grommets and make my own mounts out of 1/8. Well, that is the plan at least.

Thanks! Yeah dirtskum makes the same exact things. Thanks for the link. Gonna have the most solid exhaust evaaaa

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds