Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
put all ICT stuff on for mockup. Need to take shocks apart soon to figure out what I need to convert.

Yould think I put that tube in after the AC from the looks of it. LOL

Got the caps done on top. Didnt break justin's vice. His is sturdy like german girl.

Working on tabs right now. Having a hard time with coming up with design that I like...

Reactions: SByota and Klever

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Got a new Yost vice. They lied. Said like 7,500 pounds clamping force on amazon website.. but paperwork only says 4,500 lbs. WTF. Still better than my old one I think

Think I am gonna put some vbands on the exhaust ends.

Got my red grommies. Then had issues coming up with decent looking exhaust tabs

Had to redo the ones on xpipe cuz they were too ugly on first try ... but still ended up with a kinda donger looking tab. The size of grommet is pretty large. Needs 5/8" hole in tab for grommet in one tab... and 3/8" hole for bolt and other tab. OD is pretty big at 1".

Don't worry.. I will put a fun hole on the top tab too...

Oh and I ordered that baller busted knuckle off road billet carrier bearing. Got it from some place on ebay for $290.

Figure I need to get the drive line figured out... at least the carrier bearing cross member... so I can do exhaust all the way.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Went with that OG radiator mount design because it was ok looking and I needed to move on....

put some rubber in there on top and bottom.

Have to wedge a punch or screwdriver between tube and mount to push them down enough to get bolts in/out.

welded up all the mounts after some test fitting

I think all the pressure makes it look bowed down a tad?? It ended up super tight and sturdy though. And I like that.

Reactions: Turboyota

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
I like the radiator mount tabs. Simple and effective. Often times I overthink the design trying to make something super fancy and the simple idea ends up looking best.

Reason for v bands on exhaust exits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^ aesthetics and to waste more money. hahah
I still can't fucking decide on mufflers. Must have 10x different ones in my cart...

It's hard for me to pay $90 for a magnaflow when knockoffs are like $40. I mean how much different can a perforated straight pipe through some packing sound?

I also wonder if a 4" or 5" round muffler that is only a 14" chamber is going to be enough? Especially if I don't put cats on it.

I wonder if Oval would be better or even the bigger 5 x 8 style? going in circles here in my head if you haven't noticed. LOL

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
might be leanign this way now.... this sounds pretty clean with the larger 4x9.

go to like 3:50

Have you seen the engine masters muffler test? If i remember right there is a cheap china one that is like second best at noise reduction and second best at not killing power... So ya I'm super helpful, but if you want to kill some time and help to make a decision watch it.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^I will look for it.

My billet carrier bearing showed up... got it for a deal on Flea-Bay, but no hardware. So need to call them(BKOR) and see what they use for bushings...

X-pipe mounts are pretty much done. Looks kinda like a jet

Just need to weld in the strap.

And yea, Turdblo is right. I should have bought the mandrel bent j bends from somewhere online. Sure, it costs more.. but WTF is time worth? Hmm, looking forward... maybe I take my tube down to that exhaust shop and and have them bend some of my shit?

I think I have over like 3 hours of grinding in the first one alone.

Looks kinda neato though. What do you guys use for paint on an exhaust? BBQ paint looks like it goes to 1200.... and had a nice flat black look...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds